rehash
  • 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
kwikool wrote:
I know we've had this discussion before , but i would like to again request that there is an option to make the team game like a regular game except teams. Allowing the fortification of your team mate changers the whole game. The isolation of one opponent is a key part of the team game.  and if a team mate can refortify is temamate despite isolating him...then it changes the complete format. I understand that programing is difficult but it seams to me that this request being that we simply want to play a regular rules simply with team players.

dough_boy wrote:
1. If there is another topic somewhere on it why are you not commenting there?
2. I am not following this one regardless. You are saying you want to be able to fortify a teammate that is not connected at the end of the turn? You can already drop your reinforcements on them anywhere at the start of a turn. Forget complexity, it doesn't make sense.
The_Bishop wrote:
Ehm, excuse me Dough_boy... I think kwikool is just saying the opposite: he doesn't want the ability to fortify -- nor to reinforce -- their teammate(s). Just like normal FFA games, teammates would only share the win at the end and nothing else.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
kwikool wrote:
no what i am saying is i do NOT want to be able to fortify team members.....   in other words.... playing by normal risk rules.   

.....  normal play.....i fortify myself and my countries only....                  but with team chat tab    and a win by defeating the other teams...

sorry if i did not make it clear.  

as to the other topic  it was long ago and i dont remember it....

kwikool wrote:
what i would like is no fortification of your team mate.....just regular play.......  and teammates would share the win.....
periwinkle wrote:
Then, what is the point of team games if you can't reinf and fort your teammates? The whole point is to have the entire team move as a unit....it's fun being able to fort or pass the stack to the next teammate.
The_Bishop wrote:
The way it is now is more complex and varied in tactics, though the way suggest by kwikool could also be interesting to try. I think people here appreciate the complexity of team games as they are and they will not be happy to change...
Bulletproof wrote:
I fully agree with periwinkle. Why join a team game when you play solo? PLaying as a team means strategizing together, or have a leader guide the team through the game, plotting and sharing ideas together. THAT is a team game and in the end you gain/lose points as a team. As dough-boy mentions one can fortify at the beginning by deploying to a team mate - that's nonsense because I need my troops to take my turn. It's at the end of my turn that I can see how many troops I can afford to pass on.
I am fairly new here, but realised that reinforce/fortification can only be to bordering/adjacent regions in any of the game options. That is a shame. You should consider adding the game option with "fortification anywhere" - meaning to myself or a team mate to any region on the map. That would bring a new perspective to the games (single or team).

vikingo1337 wrote:
Strongly opposed to this suggestion. A team is a unit. Of course you should be able to boost each other and fort stacks back and forth at the end of the turn, otherwise you might as well play FFA. Have you ever watched a football game where one player keeps the ball to himself all the time? Sounds to me like you need better communication.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
dough_boy wrote:
Bulletproof
I fully agree with periwinkle. Why join a team game when you play solo? PLaying as a team means strategizing together, or have a leader guide the team through the game, plotting and sharing ideas together. THAT is a team game and in the end you gain/lose points as a team. As dough-boy mentions one can fortify at the beginning by deploying to a team mate - that's nonsense because I need my troops to take my turn. It's at the end of my turn that I can see how many troops I can afford to pass on.
I am fairly new here, but realised that reinforce/fortification can only be to bordering/adjacent regions in any of the game options. That is a shame. You should consider adding the game option with "fortification anywhere" - meaning to myself or a team mate to any region on the map. That would bring a new perspective to the games (single or team).

Nonsense? It is called strategy. Once you have hundreds of team games under your belt you will realize this is normal (and very powerful).

Further, there is already "unlimited" fortification. So in a team game with this setting, you guessed it you can fortify to your hearts content. But if you send to your partner you can't get them back unless they give them to you on their turn.
kwikool wrote:
i have been playing team games on a board for many many years.... in fact i play 3 games with a group of guys at least 3 times a month. and have been for about 12 years...  so its not like I'm talking about something im not familiar with.

im not sure why someone would be "OPPOSED" to this relatively minor change.....those of you who dont like this change are welcome to continue to play the team game as it is set up now...

however the team game without partner fortification is much more difficult and strategy is even more important.....

isolation of one player is part of the team game.as i describe.    with team fortification - isolation means nothing and targeting one player or protecting one player means nothing because a team mate can just refortify you.

it is way more difficult and the strategy is more complex.  team work is even more important when you cant fortify each other....

what i asked for should be fairly easy as i'm only asking to play a regular game  ..... with a team win....

kwikool wrote:
@ bullet proof......i have more than hundreds of team games under my belt i play 3 to 4 games on an actual board at least 3 times a month....and have for many years.

with the way i described you are a team....you work together for a common goal and  it is not a solo game. at all.......you just don't get to share resources.....

which means using your strategy to protect each other is much more important.... if you've never played the way i'm talking about then you really have no basis to OPPOSE....

kwikool wrote:
the team game as it stands now is truly a one on one game simple with alternating players..  ( i am talking about a four man game here...)

I am simply making a request which i dont think will take much programing since i just want to take the normal setup and allow teams....

is this simply a dead issue??  
The_Bishop wrote:
I think the problem, at least from my view point, is that we cannot allow 2 types of team games, it has to be just one otherwise it would be confusing. So... Maybe we can vote, but it looks quite clear that you represents a minority.
You first should find other people supporting your idea and then maybe ask for a change, but I see it really hard sorry.