• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
periwinkle wrote:
Hello....is there any way they can program the game so that a player doesn't start with a bonus right from the beginning/drop? I"ve decided to come back to this site after 2 years to give it a go again, hoping for a more pleasant time. Unfortunately, my opponent (who happened to be very nice) had the Europe bonus before he started his first turn. This should not happen. 

https://dominating12.com/game/1110397

FYI: why did I come back to this site? My usual risk site is undergoing some renovations (changing the flash to html5) ....honestly....a whole bunch of us are 'shopping' and right now I wouldn't recommend this site because of this flaw. So can we change it? The other site I'm talking about has it coded not to give bonuses to any player at the start of the game and it keeps randomly assigning the drops until no player has a bonus. Thanks.
dough_boy wrote:
This has been suggested by me many times. This is one reason why I never play 1v1 games. It almost always comes down to luck of the drop.

The way it works now is the list of territories are randomly ordered, then the players randomly ordered.

Grab first territory, assign it to first player, rinse, repeat. So it is entirely possible to have bonuses.

I have previously proposed that instead of assigning by territory, territories are ordered by region, and then randomly. So this way no one player should ever be able to have a bonus on the drop. It might be possible that a person could have 2 of 3 territories, but not much you could do about that.
periwinkle wrote:
Well that's unfortunate.  It would improve the site. The site that I came from does have it coded not to have bonuses right from the drop....so yes it is possible....and we had many fun 1v1 tournaments on that site too. Like I said....there's a bunch of us that are "shopping" while it's going under recoding construction.