Highlight Territory From Card or Log
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
sfclimbers wrote:
When playing on unfamiliar maps, it can sometimes be difficult to try to find the territory on the map for an associated Game Log message, or for a card held. This is especially true for larger maps. It would be great if there was some way to highlight the border of a territory when hovering or clicking on the territory name from the Cards line, or from an entry in the Game Log.
sfclimbers wrote:
If not the border, then perhaps a similar, but different, treatment to the troop count circle. Instead of triangles, maybe some other shape, and treatment.
The_Bishop wrote:
You just need to click on the territory name and the corresponding circle gets highlighted by a crosshair.
Click again on it to make it disappear.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
jr502 wrote:
Bishop -- great answer.
But...
does this 2nd part actually work for you?  (I suggested it as an improvement because I didn't not think it was a feature -- it does not work for me.)

"Click again on it to make it disappear."

edit: what I mean is clicking on the name of the game once, to highlight it, and again, to un-highlight it.... does not work for me.
I am able to click on the name to highlight, then move the mouse to the country and click on the highlighted item to unhighlight it.
The_Bishop wrote:
Hi jr502. Sorry, the word "again" in my sentence was deceiving.
I meant: <"If you want to make the crosshair disappear, you just need another click, this time not on the territory name but on the crosshair">.
That's what I meant.

I don't know why it is like this, I think it would be more practice to able and disable from the territory name.
Well, we are in the suggestion/feedback forum and this sounds like a good remark.
Matty wrote:
It's that way because assumedly you've scrolled up to see where the crosshair is. After that you don't want to scroll down again, find the exact same territory name to remove it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes Matty that's correct, but if I want to see the territory related to my card usually I don't need to scroll, so it would be practice to switch on and off from the same point.
Just like the lights at home: on/off from the switch, if I don't find the switch I can always break the bulb! ;)
God_of_War wrote:
I always wish that when you hovered over a player all their territories lit up so you could quickly find them all. Especially when Red and Pink are in the same game as those colors can look so similar sometimes depending on colors around them. 
Hi there!
sfclimbers wrote:
I've tried to live with it. But, I have to agree with @The_Bishop. I play on a massive screen, so I never have to scroll. I am usually highlighting from the cards line, or from the log. 99% of the time I want to toggle on and off from the same place. It becomes very annoying to have to go to the map to toggle it off again. It would be best if the toggle off could be done from either location (i.e. the point of origin, or from the territory itself). Don't get me wrong, I love what you guys have done with this site. This is just one of those things that is incredibly irritating, yet so easily avoided.
Thanks.
Matty wrote:
Like this?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
Nice, Matty!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
sfclimbers wrote:
Didn't try toggling off from the territory. But, toggling off from the cards line and the log is working perfectly! Many thanks :)