• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
B4rny wrote:
How about games without region bonuses?
Too many games are ruined by, most of the time inexperienced, players going for bonus.
To avoid that, how about an option not to have region bonuses?
If you play large maps, with 8 or 9 players, they are not that important anyway.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well you can play Brecourt Manor, a small map with no bonuses; or Zealandia 202020, a large one where all regions are big size and going for bonus can pretty often be a suicide.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
@Barny, I understand it is not the same thing as having a "no bonus" option available on all maps. The problem I see (the developpers can be more detailed on that) is that a new option requires many graphic changes to several pages and interfaces. So I assume that if it is not a very popular one probably it won't happen, that's why I suggested a different solution to you. Eventually we can work on more maps with no regions, why not?
B4rny wrote:
Brecourt manor is like playing the lottery, that's too small. And even on the new Zealandia, players go for that bonus.
I do understand it might be difficult, programming-wise, but I thought: why not suggest it.
elysium5 wrote:
@Brecourt manor, I don't think this is a lottery map at all. This is the best 2 player map we have, in my opinion. You have a better chance to win in a 2 player game on this map than any other map if you go second. This map is about fortification and positioning, not continents.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
Yeah, I don't think there's much point in making every map able to play regionless. You can make another map specifically for it if you really want anohyer.
There's a wild west america trails map by glanru that can be finished ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
elysium5
@Brecourt manor, I don't think this is a lottery map at all. This is the best 2 player map we have, in my opinion.
I agree with this! :) .. (probably Timor Islands is the second, at least for me).
But well if the players involved are 5 or 6 then yes, it becames a lottery.

@B4rny suggesting is a good thing, nothing wrong with that.