• 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
4myGod wrote:
Should we give all maps/gametypes to new users until we have a certain user count? Perhaps until we have like 1000 active users?

This way they don't have to find the My Shop and more fog of war and africa games can be played.
1771 wrote:
i have been thinking about this since you first posted it, i think that giving them the maps is ok, i say sure go for it, they are only maps. as far as the gametypes, i'm just not too sure. what about future gametypes? I know that we need something that will make more people want to purchase a premium account, because with more funds this gamesite will go further and further.
4myGod wrote:
well, it would only be until the site got more active, then we would turn the shop back on for maps and gametypes.
lukiPSE wrote:
 Give all maps/gametypes to new users . This is the way how to keep more members , many of new members think noone play here , i did so.
Vexer wrote:
I have talked recently to Teck about the fact that it looks like no one is playing because new users can't see games with maps and gametypes that they don't own.

He is going to add some text on the regular games screen explaining why new users can't see all the games. also we are going to reduce the cost of maps and gametypes. The Saturn map is also going to be one of the free maps you get when joining.
Each new user gets 400 tokens which will be more than enough to buy a couple maps and a gametype.

The purpose of having to buy maps is that you are more likely to give a map a try and play multiple games on it before moving on to the next map if you had to purchase it.

The purpose in having to buy gametypes is that you are more likely to know what's going on in the game if you had to read about and purchase that gametype before playing. We wouldn't want brand new players joining a capitals game and moving all their armies off their capital in the first turn. Having to purchased the gametype help to prevent this from happening.

Furthermore, one of the ideas behind tokens is that they motivate you to want to play more games so that you'll have enough tokens to buy ranks, maps, and gametypes. More players will want to buy premium so that they can play more games to get more tokens.

All of that being said, I am not opposed to the idea of having all the maps be free until we get about 500 active users. I do not, however, think that the gametypes should be free.
Vexer wrote:
i just had another idea on how to get the site to look more active. how about increasing game limit for non premium users to 5 games instead of 4 until we have 500 active users.
as far as I know, all of the competition has a 4 game limit. I think it would be attractive to new users who are shopping around for the best site if they could play 5 games.

I had previously suggested to 4myGod that a non premium player should be able to play 4 regular games and 1 live game and he suggested back that he could take off all restrictions for live games until the site gets bigger. but he never got around to it.
Pntbttr wrote:
So has Teck looked into the free shop items idea yet? Or maybe an explenation to the begginers why there aren't many games pending? And what about the unlimited amount of live games that sounds like a really good idea. I always had to make sure I had three games going if I was planning on playing live games (before I got premium which was toatally worth it).
1771 wrote:
I am all for giving everyone free maps, not too sure about gametypes though because of capitals, I think a person should be well aware of exactly how the game is played before they step into it. I like the drop down box explaining all of the rules in detail, then I personally wouldn't be against it neither.

What caught my eye about this post though is Vexer's ideal about the 5 game limit. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Smart!!! Anything that would put us above the rest, which is why I always say more options = more players, because D12 has the capability to become huge, alot of people come and alot of people leave, which is very unfortunate for all of us. However with the 5 game limit along with the free maps it may help to increase our ability to keep people around.

I like this ideal so much that I am going to do my best to make it happen. AWESOME ideal Vexer!!!! Two thumbs up for this one bro!!!!
Pntbttr wrote:
And what about the free and atimatic ranks I think we should also do this
Vexer wrote:
Teck has all this information already. he just need to do something about it
1771 wrote:
I have talked to Teck about all of this pntbttr, he is taking a day off today and will get back to us tomorrow on this topic. Vexer I thought my avatar was cool, yours is AWESOME !!! All that hippie talk makes me wonder if you chomped down some of those funny mushrooms before you created it. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Teck wrote:
Hi guys,

I do agreed that we need to increase the game limit to 5 per player.

And yes, it would probably be a good idea to have a better guidance to guide the new players how to engage more with the various game types / shop items etc in the near future..

As of now, I'll open up the maps and game types FREE for all players until all this are ready.

How does that sound to you guys?

Regards,
Teck
Vexer wrote:
yes, that sounds good. make it all free until you have something in place that will help new players know what they are getting into in capitals games and fog games.

I would rather deal with new players not knowing how to play than see the site continue to shrink because new players think that there are only 0-3 games going on.

In the meantime all experienced players should take it upon themselves to educate new players via the chat and/or messages at the beginning of a fog game or capitals game. We will also have to modify our strategies to take into account that the new player may leave his/her capital undefended.

As far as tokens for ranks go, they still need to be modified according to what was discussed in that thread. We should wait and see how that works out and then discuss whether or not to do away with tokens entirely.
distributor wrote:
 Teck this is right things, this should happen long time ago. This will make this site much more alive.

I still dont have fog and untill now i bought only 1 map so this is good news for me :)

5 games for non premium members is something that makes pepople to stay here and not visiting us only for some games.
  Again is me who benefits as non premium member :)

THANKS TECK