12 for D12
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
Why stop at nine players? The game is called Dominating 12 after all.

Expanding the games to hold a maximum of 12 players (instead of the current nine) would result in:

1) ultra large maps for 12 players being created
2) the monthly Dominating 12 game finally having room for everyone in the top 12
3) the largest games requiring more strategy than is currently the case
4) said games lasting longer, which translates into more dwell-time on the site.

Feel free to add your own considerations about my suggestion below.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Cireon wrote:
The system officially supports up to 12 players. It was even tested for a Dominating 12 game. I don't think it was very popular though, and it is very hard adding three new colours that work on all maps.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
elysium5 wrote:
I'm not sure how much of a demand for it either but I would play them.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I think it would be SERIOUSLY cool to play 3v3v3v3 or 2v2v2v2v2v2 :o:o:o:o:o
But a 12 player free-for-all would not be that fun in my opinion - the card turn in value would skyrocket too fast I think.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

benmarcp wrote:
Virtuosity98
I think it would be SERIOUSLY cool to play 3v3v3v3 or 2v2v2v2v2v2 :o:o:o:o:o
But a 12 player free-for-all would not be that fun in my opinion - the card turn in value would skyrocket too fast I think.
you could make it capped
:roll:
Hoodlum wrote:
is there a link to that tested d12 game? curious to see how the other colours looked.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
maafi wrote:
I’d also like to see how the colours worked.
And I’d be happy to be part of a trial game.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Cireon wrote:
I can't find the trial game, so I am guessing they have been deleted. However, you can still see the colours in this image:

[image]

Personally, I think 12 player games are too chaotic and don't really add much value. Having to build in logic that only enables the extra colours when there are more than 9 players (since I don't think we should allow these colours in normal matches), fixing the UI everywhere to account for 3 extra rows, etc. I am not sure if it's worth the effort. We've tried it in the past, and it didn't stick, which to me is a pretty good hint that we should put our time in other ideas. Sorry :/
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
great topic, i wish to see what it looks like in the game

“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
vikingo1337 wrote:
Any news on this suggestion?

Asking for a friend.

Wait, no I'm not.
~Fafnismal 28
Cireon wrote:
What news do you expect?
vikingo1337 wrote:
I'm not expecting anything. I'm just asking whether there is any.
~Fafnismal 28
elysium5 wrote:
I don't think this will be an option anytime soon.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
vikingo1337 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that. But thanks for the update.
~Fafnismal 28