Missed turns resulting from a draw drag down attendance
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
sfclimbers wrote:
I've never missed a turn in a running game. However, accepting draws has caused 3 missed turns to be registered against me, which in turn seem to have pulled down my attendance. Ideally, handling of draws would erase the associated missed turns and restore attendance as applicable. Thanks.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
sfclimbers
I've never missed a turn in a running game. However, accepting draws has caused 3 missed turns to be registered against me, which in turn seem to have pulled down my attendance. Ideally, handling of draws would erase the associated missed turns and restore attendance as applicable. Thanks.

Never thought about this. Fully agree.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Not sure if I agree. I kinda think that accepting a draw should not mean missed turns at all.

Because if you erase them, you also erase the missed turns for ppl that genuinly missed turns. And those should count.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
Not sure if I agree. I kinda think that accepting a draw should not mean missed turns at all.

Because if you erase them, you also erase the missed turns for ppl that genuinly missed turns. And those should count.

True. But I'd rather be lenient on people that really missed turns, than harsh on those that didn't really... - at least as long as there's no other solution?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
A more elegant solution would be the infamous draw button (sorry Matty and Cireon!) ;)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

sfclimbers wrote:
Reading through the log, you should be able to see which missed turns came after the draw, thereby only correcting those that apply. May not be practical. But it does seem feasible to both not penalize the innocent and not benefit the guilty.