Tournament games should not count as active games
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
If a player is signed up for a tournament, he can be placed into several tournament games that run concurrently with each other. He can even have a full game roster composed of tournament games only. No biggie if you are a premium member. If you wanna join additional games on the side, you can and (probably) will.

But what if you are a normal member? Then you are unable to join any new games of your own choosing, since you already have the maximum number of active (tournament) games running. The system seems to not distinguish between the two: tournament games and normal games.

So this suggestion is about separating the tournament games from the normal games in the eyes of the D12 system. How? By counting the tournament games as a separate entity, thereby enabling players without premium to always have five active, non-tournament games going for them. Regardless of how many tournament games they have been placed into.

Not only would this suggestion give players, who are not premium, an extra incentive to join tournaments, as they are no longer 'barred' from playing non-tournament games simultaneously with the tournament games. The admins would also save a lot of time, as they currently, to the best of my knowledge, sometimes get requests to be placed into non-tournament games from players who cannot join these on account of a tournament.

Thoughts?
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
B4rny wrote:
Isn't it already like this? Non premium members, can have for example have 4 LT games, join a tournament, and still play live games.
Cireon wrote:
Even if you can't afford premium, tournaments already allow you to bypass the maximum limit, which I think is a pretty good deal. If you want to choose your own games, don't join tournaments.

So I understand what you're saying and how it can't be frustrating, but given that we already give people a pretty good deal here by being able to join tournaments bypassing your game limit, I'm not a big fan of changing it.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card