more options in create game settings
  • 20 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
dough_boy wrote:
The developers would need to weigh in. But my guess is if they do anything it will just be added to the list and happen later...don't expect anything soon.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Cireon
If we add this option, people would always want to set their attendance threshold to 100%. That way, people with a low attendance score can never join games to take turns and increase their attendance score again. Why should a past mistake doom you forever?

I agree. People shouldn't be pestered with mistakes from the past indefinitely. In the same manner, I believe something should be done about people being in some 20-200 games; having a power outage or something, missing 80 turns over the course of a (few) day(s) and see their attendance score plummet. I believe I've mentioned this in a topic before. Then I heard people should just play some ~100 1v1 games to quickly "restore" their attendance score. Not a fair thing imo.

I however also agree with the suggestion in this topic. Adding these extra options makes sense to me. Other people should have the ability to avoid having to deal with a certain group of people. If the implementation of this suggestion creates a lot of hassle, I'm sure it can be fine tuned (quite easily? - e.g. by setting top limits of 90?).

Furthermore. Do check the tournament forum. Just about every tournament there does apply these restrictions. Makes no sense (to me), to have such a big discrepancy between games and tournament games wrt in which manner restrictions can be applied to players/contestants. Or?

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
Most of the time, if there is a power outage or something and that player explains it if their account is restricted for attendance, we remove the ban. I have done this for others before. It is pretty east to tell if it is a pattern or not based on the game history.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
sfclimbers wrote:
I suspect that anyone being prevented from joining games due to low attendance would simply create a new account to re-attain full attendance.
Matty wrote:
sfclimbers
I suspect that anyone being prevented from joining games due to low attendance would simply create a new account to re-attain full attendance.
And then get banned for creating multiple accounts. We rarely insta ban people, but multiaccounting is not a smart thing to do :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria