• 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
kwikool wrote:
Can me make the team game where you can NOT fortify your partner.....  this totally changes the dynamic of the official team play.  in other words you can only fortify your own troops at the beginning and you cant fortify your partner at the free move. 
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, it would change the dynamic completely, and... Why do you suggest this? Do you think it would be better? Have you already played that way before?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
official as in other risk variants like conquer club? 'cause hasbro risk doesn't have team play..if hasbro officially has it now, then it's newer than d12.

i have unofficially played it the same as you suggest for lots of years before i came to d12. i like both, but i think d12's version is brilliant.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
I like this version because you have to plan multiple rounds in advance with your partner.
Dima wrote:
I would like to give it a try;/you could mske it optional
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
elysium5 wrote:
I would think that it would be a lot of programming to make it optional. I would also like to put out there what would be the benefits? Is it a good idea? Is there some genuine interest in it? Would it be a premium option? How would it affect game-play? Anyone who wishes to discuss this as a change should put out there why it would be a good change.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
aeronautic wrote:
If I remember correctly, this is how the first 2 player Team Tournament games were played. There was no programming for team games then and we just didn't attack out team mate, unless necessary.
There was no team fortification and we felt that if there had been, it would have made the game so much better and more of a team effort.
Sygmassacre was my team mate, so best ask him about this, as my old brain forgets a lot.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Not a fan of this suggestion at all, as it would take the ‘team’ out of ‘team game’. In team sports like football you play the ball to your teammate(s) regularly to increase your chances of scoring a goal, and the team games in here are no different. You place, attack, defend, fortify, win or lose – together. My troops are your troops, and vice versa. As it should be.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
kwikool wrote:
i have been playing team game on a board for over 20 years. in fact i play at least once a week with a group of guys.   it does not take the team out of it. what it does do , is not allow for one team member to prop up the other team member. part of the team game is to work to weaken one partner .....with the sharing of forces in this manner, it takes that part of the game away.  to answer viking1337,  we only ask for an option to play it this way.  not to discontinue this for those who wish to play that way

:-)
dough_boy wrote:
This is still part of the team game. It happens all the time in the D12 version. One partner is targeted because they are weaker, thus forcing the other partner to spend their resources propping them up.

I would defer to the developers on what it would take to have a "variant" team game where the only thing that is shared is the win.
Matty wrote:
I don't think we'll add this. I think it works better with the allowance to reinforce your teammates and I don't see the need for another option here.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
kwikool wrote:
i respectfully disagree.  i appreciate that you at least listen to other points of view.  as i said , i play this game on a board every week or so  and have for many years.  the two concepts are so different that unless you have played without the "sharing" of resources, you wouldn't know the stark difference.  It is truly a much more strategic game becasue you cant simly give your guys to the weaker, you actually have to find ways to protect them.

elysium5 wrote:
It was pointed out in an earlier post https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/3429/team-game/post/60745#post-60745 by aeronautic that we did try out this style on a manual level by playing this style and manually returning points/stats after that needed it when first discussing creating team games. I personally think the current system is better and much more 'team' oriented. I do not think there would would be enough interest in the version you are proposing to put in the programming work required to make this an option.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
kwikool wrote:
elysium5

well thanks for at least looking at it..... i can tell you that if you were to do it....i and several others would use it.  actually i think the programming shouldnt be too difficult becasue in my mind it should play exactly like the free for all play. just adding the team chat and a and b designations and team win to it.