• 19 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
kwikool wrote:
When you are attacking, sometimes, if the system is slow and when you are attacking continuously, after the attack,  the move troops button can be delayed and because of the proximity of the end turn button... you can accidently hit it . ive don't this several times..... 

just a little distance would help

:-) 
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Go to https://dominating12.com/account/settings
then check "Enable experimental game UI (NOTE: can be buggy)"
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

dough_boy wrote:
I have been using it since day 1. Biggest issue is if you go on a kill streak and are smashing the attack button, you can inadvertently click on the slider and then not send all troops.
Hoodlum wrote:
i havent got the best connection, but i've played enough times to know to just refresh when it seems stuck, it always comes right. the new slider feature does fix that.

and yes, the biggest issues atm is what dough says,... try not to get over excited when going on attack!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
Could you send me a video/animation of what happens when you get over-excited? Is it just that you automatically move the cursor, or is it because the dialog jumps? Would love to fix that if possible.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
This is the problem in images:

Step 1: Hit the attack button often - click, click, click, click, ..., click.
[image]

Step 2: You are done attacking, but your brain doesn't realise it yet. Your mouse is still on the same spot.
[image]

Step 3: As your brain still thinks you are in step 1 (the attack phase), you click.
[image]

Step 4: Your brain caught up. Partially. It now realises that you are in the 'send troops phase', so it will move the mouse and click the send button. Of course it does.
Unfortunately, because it has done this a 1000 times and does this on auto pilot, it still assumes that the last click was done as part of the attack phase, so it assumes that the slider is all the way to the right in the situation of step 2 (leave 1 troop behind, send 7).

Step 5: It realises that it's assumption was wrong, but now the click has already been done. Grrrrr.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
One potential solve would be to put the attack button in the upper right. Then you could add an attack line between the two...like red greater than signs. This way smashing the attack button wouldn't do anything.

I thought about putting it in the lower left, but you still run the risk of altering the number or clicking send.
Matty wrote:
I was thinking of moving send further to the left and then put attack bottom center.

When we have that, we could potentially add something like an "attack 10/100/1000 times" selection in the center later. Or maybe a "attack with one die only".
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I don't really like putting the attack corner in the top right. That's just putting it somewhere where it's out of the way, rather than putting it where it makes sense. But I get the criticism too. Ideally we shouldn't have anything overlapping between the attack and move UIs, but that's also not really feasible.

I can see some sense in Matty's argument of just swapping the position of the send button and the number counter. It's not a perfect fix though.

The alternative is that we move the Attack button down, out of the way of where the slider would be, but I find it super weird and unintuitive that the attack button would be bottom centre, but the send button bottom left. At least right now the button locations make some sense...
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
I actuall ment to move both the slider and the send button a bit to the left, and then put the attack button in the bottom center - as your last paragraph suggests.
Not consistent, true, but that's kinda the point.

Still logical enough imo.

You can also put the attack button bottom left, and then make the slider bigger. That way you'll accidentally click the slider, but maybe that's much more noticable that it's happening because something pops out.
Hoodlum wrote:
is it possible to just make the blue dragger clickable? not the range slider. 
compensate with a bit more width in the dragger maybe
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
Sadly not. The browser decides how the slider works.