• 30 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
B4rny wrote:
Even with this 'solution', players unwilling to turn in their set at 5 cards, will start their turn, do nothing and let them run out of time. They'll still have 5 cards, and didn't miss their turn.
God_of_War wrote:
B4rny
Even with this 'solution', players unwilling to turn in their set at 5 cards, will start their turn, do nothing and let them run out of time. They'll still have 5 cards, and didn't miss their turn.

If called out by opponents can admins change their cards to 0?
Hi there!
elysium5 wrote:
We can not manually change someone's cards during a game.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
Yes but how would that help?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
God_of_War wrote:
teach them not to miss their turn when having 5 cards if there are ways to "start turn, not play turn" and end turn

Are we looking for solutions or kicking the can down the road? All I'm doing is providing possibly options, it is up to all you to figure out if action or non-action is needed.
Hi there!
elysium5 wrote:
In live games that would require staff to be on 24/7 which is not feasible given that the staff are all volunteers and do not have a schedule.

In all games that would seem like a poor solution as well as how can we determine for certainty whether or not it was a connection problem?

I am not suggesting you don't offer suggestions or being critical of anyone personally.

Suggestions are good but we do also need to break down any suggestions to find the flaws so as to determine id that suggestion is worth pursuing or if we need to start working on the next idea.
God_of_War wrote:
Yep and that makes sense. 

I think for now then when it happens, they can be called out and we, individually, can decide if we want to add them to an avoid list or not. Which is the option for anyone and requires no additional coding or admin assistance. 
Hi there!
God_of_War wrote:
But.. could it be added as an option when reporting as "fair play" .  maybe this already hits onto one of those options already provided.
Hi there!
elysium5 wrote:
God_of_War
But.. could it be added as an option when reporting as "fair play" .  maybe this already hits onto one of those options already provided.
Absolutely.

Just report it as a M/S or illegal alliances in the game options if you know someone will back up your report. If you don't think you have a back up in the game, just forward the game to one of the Admin's for review and we could second the report.

It will affect their fairplay score and really poor moves should at least be reflected in a players fairplay score if needed where a full return of points may not be warranted but at least the score should reflect a possible player to watch out for if it gets low.

While those reporting options are not technically accurate in description, they do achieve the same outcome and it is easier just to piggyback on those options we have rather than clutter up the space available for reporting with every different kind of scenario we might encounter.
B4rny wrote:
About the 'having to turn in with 5 cards'.

Maybe an extra setting can be created, for those who would like that, to keep getting cards, up to 6,7,...
Next to increasing and advanced cards, for example: unlimited cards.
I would not play it, but then the issue is no longer there.

You would become a big target, having 6(+) cards.
elysium5 wrote:
I don't know if this would work programming wise but what about having the system 'cash/turn in' but just not place the troops for a turn it as the turn is missed as an end function of that turn?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
elysium5
I don't know if this would work programming wise but what about having the system 'cash/turn in' but just not place the troops for a turn it as the turn is missed as an end function of that turn?
This is what I have always said the solution should be (if indeed a solution is required).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
I'm not so sure a solution is required. It is something I have rarely come across and I can't ever recall a case where a player used this strategy enough to even be noticed by anyone.
elysium5 wrote:
Since I don't see this very often, I thought I would post a link here as I happened to be watching this game and 2 players tried the purposely miss a turn thingy and it didn't work out for either:

https://dominating12.com/game/1081528