Rewards may lead to more improvements
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
As evident from the thread name and its description, I'm suggesting that players get a reward for every suggestion they create in the forum – provided it gets implemented, of course. This may well lead to a higher involvement rate, happier players, and a better site overall.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I don't particularly see a lot of merit in this suggestion (I think that most people who make (good) suggestions have enough tokens), however, I do not see any downside in it at all either.
For the time being when it's not high enough up the 'to-do-list' to actually get it implemented, it can even see an easy work around - admins just manually throwing around some tokens.

Also, this feels a bit like the tokens one receives for inviting new people to the site - this is analogous to 'inviting' them to the forum? So yeah, good suggestion.

Applying this to me... my main driver to actively invite players, was to alter my stats - get rid of that 0 for invited people. Then I also wanted to just get more players in here and hopefully teach some people a thing or two. Never cared about the tokens involved.
I assume the same would be true for me for making suggestions - would want to get rid of that 0 :p and just try and better the game (or suggest things that I just like better for whatever reason).

Happy to see more input here.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein