Reusable topic
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I noticed a few things, as was expected by Cireon:
02 Jun, 22:57 Cireon
Sorry, we did a pretty large backend upgrade today. You may see some smaller bugs over the next few days cropping up

Figured I'd let it run for a while, to see if someone else picked up on it/it got resolved. Not the case yet, so now decided to report.
Since server maintenance happens every so often, I assume it'd be useful to keep this thread rather general, so we can mention other bugs we find after new updates here again too.

What I found now:

1) The search function in the forum is broken: https://dominating12.com/forums/search - error:
Website
Whoops!

Something went wrong with processing your request. If this happens repeatedly, please report your problems to a staff member. Click here to return to the frontpage.

2) Letters which have special signs/symbols go bonkers; for instance the name of this thread: https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/2316/questions-amp-answers-qampa/post/59645#post-59645
and the cards of territories in this game: https://dominating12.com/game/1015255

Look at the signs/symbols (click to show)

3) ... ?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
These were all known issues - thanks for pointing them out though! If you notice any more please do let us know :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
These were all known issues - thanks for pointing them out though! If you notice any more please do let us know :)

Oh.. ok :p Then I guess they're less easy to 'just fix' than I might've thought :D (because they're actually still around).
Any others that are already currently known? No point in re-inventing the wheel =)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
They may be easy to fix, but sadly we also have our daytime jobs and personal lives, so sometimes it isn't as easy to find time for D12.

Yes, please keep posting these bugs though. This is really helpful.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Cireon
They may be easy to fix, but sadly we also have our daytime jobs and personal lives, so sometimes it isn't as easy to find time for D12.

Yes, please keep posting these bugs though. This is really helpful.

Wasn't meant as a 'nasty remark' - I just thought they were REAL easy, as in..... each of them just 30sec checking smth and clicking once or twice (because this stuff has been working all the time and you could just go "ctrl F" in your script to locate the issue & resolve rather instantly? Probably not the case then. As responding in the forum actually takes >30sec/reply).

Yes, I'll keep posting if/when I come across oddities. :)

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
Nope it's never that easy I'm afraid. We need to hunt down the bug, fix it, then deploy it to the web server safely :ninja:
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
Thanks for telling us. These are known as Cireon said. Number 3 (the worst of the bugs IMO) is that emails are not working, meaning, amoung other things, new players cannot sign up to d12 :|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Email notifications should be working again!
Cireon wrote:
Forum search also works again.