• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Bearskin wrote:
There are a lot of really great maps on D12, many of which don't see much use.

Also, new maps get added to the list but don't get much publicity, other than on the Facebook page.

I suggest that the Maps screen has a Featured Maps section fixed above the normal map selection area:
Like This (click to show)

Each month a great, but sadly underused, map can be promoted in the "Map of the Month" box
and the latest map to go into Beta (or the latest map to come out of Beta) is promoted in a similar fashion in the other box.

Anyone playing one of these featured maps gets a bonus of 30 tokens (50 instead of the usual 20) or whatever bonus is deemed suitable if 30 is too much.

AlexCheckMate wrote:
I like the idea! Sounds simple and could have a big impact on the variety of maps which get really played and enjoyed.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Bearskin wrote:
Further thought.

Map of the month should also come up as the default map on the Create a game screen.

I realise this might cause complaint as most of the time people want the World Classic map, but maybe World Classic could always appear as the first map in the list, so you are never more than one click away from it. Extra work (programming) I realise.

elysium5 wrote:
I like where this thread is going. Some good ideas here. Please keep talking about this. It is a nice start but could use some good constructive analysis on how this could be done.

Please remember that there might be some different levels of programming time and effort required so it needs some discussion on the difficulty and implementation of any ideas.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
I like this idea.

Premium only maps (currently only Caribbean) can only be created by Premium players, however, others can join and they would definitely do so to gain extra tokens.
This would possibly give non-premium players a love for the map and may encourage them to purchase a premium account.
We could also make a few maps into premium-only maps, but we have discussed this many times and the only reason that we have Caribbean as a Premium-Only map is to stop it from being overplayed, with the staff voting to NOT make other maps Premium-Only in order to make the game accessible by all.

The rotation or choice of maps as the 'Map of the month' to default, is another great idea and I think it should be the map that becomes the Extra Tokens map, so if implemented, the programmers would have to find a way to do that.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
We like it, but implementing it touches a lot of different systems, which means it's not quite at the top of our priority list right now.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card