HELP!
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
So it's been a few days now that my mobile doesn't want to properly function for D12 anymore...

I logged in and logged back in - didn't help. Is there anything else I should test/try/check? Have their been recent updates that may have had an effect? Or did I maybe do something stupid with my mobile which now results in these issues?

Example: When I click on turns... I'll indeed see how many days/hours/minutes someone still has for their turn, but when I then actually press on 1 of those games, the game will simply display 88:88:88. Also, I can not use the chats anymore and I can not click on the logs (so can't view them).

Writing this on my laptop now, which still works well.

Thanks in advance!

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
No recent changes to our code that should cause this.
Your phone may be blocking JavaScript, which is what is used for all these functions.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
GriffinUcos wrote:
Probably not related to Alex's problem but my ISP is down so took a turn on the phone. I was playing FOG and after conquering a territory I was unable to move the pop up, so was unable to see how many men in adjacent territory. I was able to move the men, so it functioned correctly, just would not move.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
aeronautic wrote:
It could also be what PC's require, it may need your Mobile time/clock to be synchronised.
Was it set to automatically update with Daylight Saving?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I've not changed phone. I do not think I have changed anything in my settings... but yeah... maybe by accident?
Where do I find this JS stuff (seeing I don't even know how to find this... I assume I didn't change this... but?)?

I checked my time/clock synchronisation - I believe this is in working order.
I have gone through the FAQ wrt clearing cache and should've also done this.

Can someone somehow see more about my case? :p

*edit - yes my phone automatically updated it's time for DST - there's no such setting specific to D12.... right? (also, I think my issues wrt my mobile not doing what I want it to do, are here for less than a week now (which is when DST struck)).
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
AlexCheckMate
*edit - yes my phone automatically updated it's time for DST - there's no such setting specific to D12.... right? (also, I think my issues wrt my mobile not doing what I want it to do, are here for less than a week now (which is when DST struck)).
Updating for the DST settings is a good thing. Not doing it may cause the 88:88:88 thing.

If you go to http://time.is, does it say something like:
"Your time is exact!
The difference from Time.is was -0.001 seconds (±0.024 seconds).
Time in Whereveryoulive, Country now"?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
AlexCheckMate
Updating for the DST settings is a good thing. Not doing it may cause the 88:88:88 thing.

If you go to http://time.is, does it say something like:
"Your time is exact!
The difference from Time.is was -0.001 seconds (±0.024 seconds).
Time in Whereveryoulive, Country now"?

On my laptop (which has no issues):

Your clock is 1.0 seconds ahead.
Accuracy of synchronisation was ±0.027 seconds.
Time in Netherlands now:

On my phone (which gives issues):

Your clock is 1.1 seconds ahead.
Accuracy of synchronisation was ±0.139 seconds.
Time in Netherlands now:

I suppose this doesn't make the difference.

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Yeah, approx 1 second is quite neat, you should be fine (in theory that is).

Could you try with a different browser on your phone? Does that help?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
Could you try with a different browser on your phone? Does that help?

Good suggestion! Yes, it helped!

So, while using Internet Explorer (Who uses that anyway...), I suddenly got these issues like a week ago - still not discovered what the problem is (so also not fixed - I can't start turns, but I can read, write and send messages through the MESSAGE thing - not in the CHAT thing)

Now I logged in through Chrome => It works. :roll:

Thank you :)
If more ideas pop up wrt IE, I remain interested to find out what I can do that get it working again.

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Is it internet explorer 11? Or an older version?
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
Is it internet explorer 11? Or an older version?

Didn't find it (at first glance - how to find it?). On the other hand.... I've noticed I much prefer chrome for D12 on my phone... so I will likely not revert back to IE anyway...
thx again!

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
IE is bound so tightly because, it is used to insist on upgrading Windows in order to get the latest upgraded browser. A bad system!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
It's also old. The latest version (11) gets the most important security updates, but yeah, ppl really shouldn't use it anymore nowadays. If you want a microsoft browser, Edge is mostly allright - even microsoft doesn't want you to use IE anymore :) (source).

Also, not sure for how long we'll keep it on the supported browsers list.