would be helpful :P
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I've found that if you want to play team games seriously you often need to consult with your teammate during their turn, and they often need to talk to you before you take your turn. Usually you have to send a private message to grab your teammate's attention.

I think many people would find it very useful if you received a notification every time a teammate posts in your team chat. Maybe something like "Virtuosity98 left a message in your Team Chat (Game 999999)", with the option to turn these notifications off in the notifications settings. Even cooler would be a checkbox in the Team Chat called "Toggle Team Chat notifications" so that you could turn them on or off conveniently.

Thoughts? :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

dough_boy wrote:
I am indifferent. I make it a routine to check chat before every turn. At least team chat is now default.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
I've found that if you want to play team games seriously you often need to consult with your teammate during their turn, and they often need to talk to you before you take your turn. Usually you have to send a private message to grab your teammate's attention.

I think many people would find it very useful if you received a notification every time a teammate posts in your team chat. Maybe something like "Virtuosity98 left a message in your Team Chat (Game 999999)", with the option to turn these notifications off in the notifications settings. Even cooler would be a checkbox in the Team Chat called "Toggle Team Chat notifications" so that you could turn them on or off conveniently.

Thoughts? :)

Yes please! A modifcation though; only give this alert once (so you don't get 10 notifications if s/he writes 10 lines of text before you check again).

IRT db

Not sure what you exactly mean?
Take the scenario you're in a 2v2v2v2 game
You are team A, you do your turn, then it's team B,C,D and then your teammate. How do you notice it's his turn? Or that he's talking? You're just frequently checking the game? (If yes, then I guess you have no real use for it indeed :p)

However, I suppose most people just go to those games, which turn yellow => "Turns (0)" (when 0 isn't 0 but a different number). It's not that 'obvious' when it's your teammates turn and you might however want to influence the way he's playing => you'll end up sending him a message that you're talking in the team chat

With the instant notification thing of V98..... solved ;d
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
His comment was around when a teammate posts in chat, NOT when it is your teammates turn. 

Ultimately teams should communicate up front with what works best for them (not clutter or complicate things). If it is my turn I might let my P know I am up and ask for thoughts. If he is up, same thing.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
dough_boy
His comment was around when a teammate posts in chat, NOT when it is your teammates turn. 

Ultimately teams should communicate up front with what works best for them (not clutter or complicate things). If it is my turn I might let my P know I am up and ask for thoughts. If he is up, same thing.

Ah, mea culpa.
Then yeah, I'd like to see a mix of the two (I'm not (yet) thinking about how hard it is to code :p). Ideally, I'd just be aware of those things on which I can have an (easy) influence, ASAP (yes, I could also influence in the gamechat, but I guess I could always do that and don't need an extra reminder/notification for that). So this would be my own turn (already notified of), my partners turn (not yet there), discussion with my partner (not yet either).
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein