Tournament forum
  • 21 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
ProblemChild96 wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to have a forum category specifically for tournaments, A lot of times tournament threads in the general discussion forum are overlapped by other topics.
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Yes! I think this is an awesome idea!

I believe that one of the great strengths D12 has, is that it hosts a LOT of tournaments in a WIDE variety. Having a place in this forum (https://dominating12.com/forums go from 6 => 7 (place under general?)) would help make it more visible and there could even be an initial topic in there (made sticky) where people could sign up if they want to be placed in tournaments automatically (I see people write this so often) - just need to make sure that whoever hosts the tournie, has a check on that page (make the names clickable there) and see whether these people who are listed there have logged in max X days ago (e.g. max 14 days?).

My 2 cents

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Dima wrote:
i agree with the idea + my tournament is the best and the most challenging anyway and i think more people should join it!
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Dima is online.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Not sure I agree with your map selection tho, why no Texas ? No westros ?
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Dima wrote:
i can add it, its no problem; the main setting remain the same, but maps can be added the ones you and other people and me want..
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Dima is online.
Matty wrote:
@Hoodlum, as the main creator of tournaments, what's your opinion on this?
I think this is a good idea and for me it's like 5 minutes to setup a new forum, so that's not the problem. But you probably have a better idea on whether or not this is necessary.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
I think the idea but I agree that Hoodlum would be the one to make the call as he is the main tournament organizer.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
Awesome, Matty! Thanks.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Dima wrote:
maybe move all the current threads into the new section or just delete them, when they are old
Dima is online.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Thanks Matty and everyone else for making this happen!
Matty wrote:
Dima
maybe move all the current threads into the new section or just delete them, when they are old
Currently we can't yet, but we can always do this later. It's on the list somewhere.

ProblemChild96
Thanks Matty and everyone else for making this happen!
You're welcome, thanks for asking ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria