• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
allthingsmustpass wrote:
Can this be increased to at least 5 more minutes to 10 minutes? It seems like a really short period of time.....
Matty wrote:
Opinions? This should be easy to do, but do others think it should be done?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I'm not quite sure whether I understand the suggestion, nor the idea behind it?

I assume you mean the 5min timer that starts when you join a LIVE game? That when that timer runs out and you haven't confirmed to still be around, that you get kicked out - that timer? Why would you want that to be increased to 10min? This thing is actually how I missed my only turn here...( Turns (missed / taken) 1 / 5547 - went to the toilet when there were 1/5 players in a game... came back... it was 5/5 and I had just missed my turn... still regret that day/event :( - https://dominating12.com/game/902037) so I'd rather keep it at 5min and if anything, if a change were to happen, to change it to 3min, instead of 10min.

What's the benefit of changing it? Yes, it might fill up games faster, but it will likely lead to more missed turns?
Yes, it saves time, less confirming that you're still around, but does that cost so much trouble? The increased risk of missing turns outweighs it for me (could even imagine people already logging of before the game starts, so getting kicked out for inactivity when the game starts).

Happy to hear more opinions.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
i agree with alex here. it will lead to missed turns.
the only time i'd wish for it to be longer is when playing with a preferred partner (join order) hoping the sequence of join is correct before the game starts. preffered partner may time out, log back on out of join order.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
allthingsmustpass wrote:
Is it possible to make this an option? It's just a bit annoying when you're waiting around for players to join.......