Because I like stats :)
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
So I played this fog game: https://dominating12.com/game/943196
After the game was over, the complete logs were available (as is standard - no more hindrance from the initial fog). Now, they're no longer visible anymore though (for me). I believe this might be linked to the stats being returned, as it was a test game. I would however like that also for these instances, the complete (non-fogged) logs remain available for everyone to see. Hopefully it's an easy adjustment, as I do not think it's high priority at all (and then could imagine it going on a big pile and never seeing the light of day ;P)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Ah. The reason is that there's no difference between pausing a game and ending-without-winners.

So if there are no winners, the site thinks that the game may be resumed in a future date, and therefore doesn't show any logs.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Another game like that: https://dominating12.com/game/945851

14 Oct, 13:56:17 Rating and other statistics were returned by an admin.
14 Oct, 13:51:40 Game finished.

So I know what causes it, after you explained it Matty and it seems totally normal/the way it should be.
Now as a new question; would it be a lot (= too much) of effort to divide this thing to allow for both? That an admin can decide to end a game without winners and that s/he can also decide to just pause it - with the pausing causing for fog to return, yet the ending keeping it all visible.

As said, I realise there's hardly any use/need for this...... it's something I'd like =d
That <5min gap in the game I just linked wasnt enough for me to actually check the game out (nope - not a whine on admins being too active :P); and just keeping it visible till eternity would also please me
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
No, this is not something I can change. Well, I could, but to do that I'd have to check every instance of all the involved properties to see if they don't silently assume paused/ended wrongly and thus cause some very peculiar bugs...

What can be done is after ending the game changing it to a non-fog game - the log should be visible by then I think.

But that'd mess with stats in another way, so I kinda don't want to do that either.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
No, this is not something I can change. Well, I could, but to do that I'd have to check every instance of all the involved properties to see if they don't silently assume paused/ended wrongly and thus cause some very peculiar bugs...

What can be done is after ending the game changing it to a non-fog game - the log should be visible by then I think.

But that'd mess with stats in another way, so I kinda don't want to do that either.

If changing to non-fog is an option, then I do think this would be a good thing to do. The games I mentioned here are TEST games, so I don't think there's any trouble in whether the stats show as fog or non-fog (might even argue that the stats for test games shouldn't be added? - I try to avoid big fog games, but for test games, idc... I'll just play whatever setting - sort of gives a wrong impression on my playing, but that doesn't bother me tbh).

― Albert Einstein