Yes please?
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I just created a teamgame and forgot to modify the settings properly in the way I wanted to... therefore, the game was created with Join manner = Random, instead of Join order.

In line with this suggestions: https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/3055/chats I'd like to see the default setting for creating teamgames to be changed from random to join order. Preferably with the option kept open to modify the default according to your own preferences (as there will surely be people who prefer to have random as default?).

No clue how everyone else thinks about it, so I suppose it'd be good to hear several players (who play teamgames?) voice their opinions about it.
Nothing important really, just something that might make life easier.

Thx,

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
I don't create enough games to know one way or the other. One could assume that whatever the most team games are created as it what should be the default. I would surmise it is join order.
Cireon wrote:
I think random should be the default, since in most cases the teams aren't pre-arranged, and I'd like to avoid there being a tactical aspect to when you join games. The join order setting only exists because there isn't really a good way to do pre-arranged teams otherwise (such as selecting what team you want to join in the join screen). My guess is it will be replaced by something better in the future.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
But I think that is the issue Cireon. I won't play team games with random people...only a select few. I think if you looked at the last years worth of team games (if you could exclude Tourneys) you would likely see the majority are pre-arranged...at least the first 2/3 to join are.
Hoodlum wrote:
I agree with the join order as default
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Jimi wrote:
Yes very good idea,,, Join order as default is needed

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
More people who care to voice their opinion?

I really do believe the majority of people will only play teamgames with people they're comfortable playing a teamgame with - have it prearranged. Second, those who do not care who they'll be playing with... will they care if it's no longer random but on join order? For those people... I think nothing really changes... they'll still be playing with someone they didnt prearrange stuff with, the only difference is that they'll know before the game start (exceptions exist..), who they'll be playing with. And of course, people can still manually switch to RANDOM, if they would prefer so.

Current tally:

Yay: 4 ||||
Nay: 1 |
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
It makes sense for join order to be the default in my opinion.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
I think random should be the default.
In order to do random right, you have to do nothing.

In order to do join order right, you should also set a password and do the invites in the correct order. If you do that anyways, the extra click won't be a problem.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
I think random should be the default.
In order to do random right, you have to do nothing.

In order to do join order right, you should also set a password and do the invites in the correct order. If you do that anyways, the extra click won't be a problem.

Thx for your input Matty! The way you viewed this, is a way I never even thought about :p Seems like a valid take on it though - just not one that I use (but I could be the minority here).

Invites? Password? For join order, all you 'need' is to create the game and let your partner know. Partner should join shortly after. In case this goes wrong; recreate? (Thus far, I've never had problems with someone else joining before I/my partner joined 2nd). No passwords used. Do not care about who the opponents is/are (not entirely true, I do have a few people on avoid - but don't need to explicitly invite people), only care about who my partner is. At least, that's how I go about it - could be that others do indeed use password/invite (if so, please feel free to express this).

Then the extra click is the extra click - and it's not the effort that matters, it's the 'avoiding of mistake/s' that matter.

― Albert Einstein