Yeah! Really!
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
So the other day, I was going through my messages and trying to find messages from a particular person.

I know I had several message threads with him - not just one. So I do not believe I accidentally deleted the big message thing...
Is there anything that can be done about this? Can the messages be retrieved? There was too much in there for me to recall all the content, but I do remember there's some stuff in there that I wish to remember (but now do not... can't reread :S) and I think there's also stuff in there on which I was still supposed to reply (which is why I went to look it up) - I didn't manage to get it done before vacation...

I realise it sounds strange - thank you in advance!

-Alex

PS - I did send him a few messages since I noticed it, but he never replied (did login), so I assume he got chatbanned? Maybe that's related? Although I think to remember about more people having been chatbanned, yet the messages between us not being wiped?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
We have a thing where we can delete all messages from someone that starts spamming. Maybe (s)he was getting so frostrated that one of the mods decided to use it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
We have a thing where we can delete all messages from someone that starts spamming. Maybe (s)he was getting so frostrated that one of the mods decided to use it.

Yes, an admin contacted me and he said something very much in line with what you're guessing at now.

I suppose I can understand that something should get done when stuff gets out of hand... but I'm not sure what deleting all messages from a person really helps... just blocking from sending any further should have the same effect really? With the positive sidenote, that there is no collateral damage (other people also losing all their messages with this person - this includes messages with several receivers, not just 1on1). - I can sympathise with the idea that it is useful in a manner, to quickly nip an issue in the but (e.g. this person sending loads of messages to loads of receivers and then he gets blocked, but 1/several of the receivers of these group messages do not realise this and reply and then the snowball keeps on rolling.. - then again, as an admin one can write 1 more last message in that/those messagethread/s and explain what the current situation is). Collateral damage is just so annoying :<

I hope issues around this player will get resolved promptly in a manner all parties will be at Peace with. Will probably be most fullfilling to everyone. We can limit ourselves to just be Warriors on the riskboard instead^^
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein