Because running out of time hurts both of you
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
When a player is about to miss a turn during a team game, there's currently nothing his or her teammate can do except watch the clock run out.

I think we can all agree that can be incredibly frustrating – and turn a game completely upside down.

Win or lose, teammates are in it together. So why not allow the spectating teammate to add time on behalf of his ally, thereby increasing the odds of the latter returning in time for his next move?

I say we need a new button: "Add time for teammate". Let us take one for the team!
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
elysium5 wrote:
I think this has been brought up before. I'm not sure how hard it is to program something like that but it's not a bad idea.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5
I think this has been brought up before. I'm not sure how hard it is to program something like that but it's not a bad idea.

https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/2760/add-time-to-teammates-in-team-games - your thought is correct!

I also like the suggestion. Let's see how the programmers are for time.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
So...we had a need for this in a team game.

What I would suggest is that instead of coding so that you can add time for your teammate, just make it so that anyone at any time can extend time. Just alter the messaging to say something like "Are you sure you want to extend the time for the {CurrentPlayersName|your} turn"? Then remove the check for it extending if it is only your turn. People probably wouldn't extend time if it wasn't for them or their partner, but this seems to be the easiest solution.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Any solution that fixes this issue would be appreciated.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Matty wrote:
You should be able to add time to your teammate now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
This is an absolutely fantastic upgrade. Thank-you!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."