Should not take slots for future games
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Most tournaments and other games that are organised by staff are seeded/free to play. If you are eligible to play and sign up for it, you get placed in the game/s. This is all perfectly fine in my eyes, even positively good - a gesture of kindness! This means, that even if you aren't a premium member and already filled your spots for games (5), you can still play these games without paying the 120 token fee/game.

Now I do not know whether the following is the way it is, on purpose - supposed to be like this, or just is.... and noone noticed/complained yet :p

I figured that due to the nature of how these games are 'advertised' e.g. in this thread: https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/3024/capitals-tournament
Hoodlum
Games are free, players are manually entered.

That these games also do NOT count for future slots... with which I mean to say, if your starting situation is the following:
-> You are in 0 games and then -> join a tournament of 24 simultaneous LT games -> you should then still be able to join an additional 4 LT games at no added cost.
This is currently not the case. Is this intended like this? If yes - I would like to propose the suggestion of changing this. If not - I would hope to see some options to get this changed :D

Thank you for reading :)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
The problem is how the coding is setup. If you are not premium it looks to see how many active games you are in. If more than 4 you cannot join new games. There is nothing to distinguish tournament games vs regular games so the count the same.

2 ways around this. 1, don't join if you are not premium, 2, reprogram things that when creating a game it can be tagged as tournament and thus can be excluded from things.

Priority level is likely really low...
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I assumed the situation was as you laid it out dough_boy, including the priority level.
Thing is, the idea popped up - so I figured I'd best write it down before I forget it. Personally, it doesn't really bother me (a great deal), can just live with it, but it's a tweak that would potentially enhance the user experience for non premium members =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Joining a tournament is not free because we want ppl to play more then 5 games, it's free to join because we don't want the tournament to wait (forever).
If you want to play more then 5 games even after you've joined a tournament, why not get premium - that's what it's for.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria