Could be a cool addition?
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Just another thing that popped into my head the other day when I noticed a player went missing - a player who I've often played with and did not foresee leaving.

This guy: https://dominating12.com/user/3654

Fair play:   100
Chat:   98
Attendance:   32
Last active: 22 Mar 2019, 00:17

I do not recall his stats on his last active day... but I believe his attendance score was in the 98-100 region... and that he was a captain for rank (now Chief Warrant Officer, with probably more of a drop to expect, as he's still 'active' in 62 games (so assume another 62*25 to be taken away? :<;))

Anyway... I do not mean this thread to be all about TP - I'm just putting his case here, as an example. There's surely loads of other cases that also endured the pain of getting some trouble to login (at this point, we (or at least, I) are unsure about his situation... why he's not been online for such a long time, while playing in 60+ games... personal choice, serious problem, just #care, or anything else that might come to mind...)

In cases such as this one, there's no real imminent problem, it's just bad luck for the person who's going through it. However, in the event of team games or tournament matches, it does kind of stirr things up a bit and a protocol that could be employed, rather easily, on the person with the sudden loss of login.... might turn some frowns upside down into smiles =)

In conclusion, I'd like to scour for the opinions of the D12 community - Would you appreciate it if some kind of protocol would be setup to deal with sudden absence of players who are in (a lot of (LT)) games? If yes, and if the team who's leading the website/game sees possibilities for it, we might move on to a next step - bit of a brainstorm to come up with ideas how the protocol should look like.

-Alex

PS - topic made after talking a bit about this issue with the crew already (once I noticed TP was suddenly gone), but some more visibility would be good, to get more feedback =)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
One thing that came to mind yesterday, that, I think, doesn't already require a lot of effort, but it's manual (for now), on a case by case basis.

I was thinking, TP should be kicked out of all his pending games. An admin should be doing this, if agreed upon.
It'll prevent further harm (attendance & rating score dropping of the subject, as well as other players wasting time waiting for someone to make moves that'll never happen and play in games that turn out to be with at least 1 less player than they were expecting).

Yesterday, there was also at least 1 game still pending for TP, but I do not see it anymore... so I'm afraid it already started :p Posting this post anyway, for future reference.

As for an update on TPs stats:
AlexCheckMate
This guy: https://dominating12.com/user/3654

Fair play:   100
Chat:   98
Attendance:   31
Last active: 22 Mar 2019, 00:17

I do not recall his stats on his last active day... but I believe his attendance score was in the 98-100 region... and that he was a captain for rank (now Sergeant Major, with probably more of a drop to expect, as he's still 'active' in 41 games (so assume another 41*16 to be taken away? :<;))
2 days shy of being gone 4 2 weeks oO

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
Life happens. There is no reason to intervene as the problem will solve itself either way.
KoE_Doja wrote:
I agree with dough boy, chit happens I am in sorrow if something happened seriously to him
slackbatter wrote:
He disappeared right after this rant:
https://dominating12.com/game/897559

So I just assumed he threw a little hissy fit and then quit logging in. Bad form on his part if that's the case. And sad to lose him; he was a good player.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
slackbatter
He disappeared right after this rant:
https://dominating12.com/game/897559

So I just assumed he threw a little hissy fit and then quit logging in. Bad form on his part if that's the case. And sad to lose him; he was a good player.

Hmmmm... I suppose that (for 1), I do not think there was a hissy fit/rant going on there... Just some players that felt somewhat disappointed by how certain plays were conducted. Or at least, that is what I can say when speaking for myself. Ended in a constructive talk though, so all good from my perspective. I can completely sympathise with TPs feelings there and (for 2) I do not think that this game made him decide to disappear. If this did however cause him to sneak out... then yeah... that's a shame - would've prefered if he stayed. On the other hand, if this is what caused him to go AWOL, I believe it will be a temporary thing and we'll see him return; he seems to be the kind of player that is really hooked on playing this game. Which is a better prospective than the option in which something happened to him which causes him to be 'gone' now... 

IRT dough_boy

I understand what you're saying, but regardless of that, I see no harm (and yes benefit) in trying to setup a bit of a security system here. But yeah, nothing with utmost priority...

For those that actually (used to) play with TP on other websites, maybe you could shed some light on the darkness here? Has he disappeared from those places too? Or is it just a local thing for us here?

-Alex

― Albert Einstein