double deck cards
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
TP_knighty wrote:
dont want to be pushy just wondering how is it with looking into those games that bugged out recently

is it already safe to play this settings or rather not  

thx :)
Cireon wrote:
I believe we should automatically generate multiple copies of cards if needed. Did you encounter problems with that? It should just work, but since the settings are weird, we probably wouldn't give a high priority to fixing it if it's broken.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AlexCheckMate wrote:
We may have reached a new level of 'breaking' a game... https://dominating12.com/game/902165

24 territory map
9 players
so each player starts with 2 and there's 6 neutrals.

All went well for the first 4 rounds (but with trouble at quite some moments with respect to ending the turn - I've seen that before in similar games - nothing major?).
A set of cards has been turned in - no issue.

At the start of the 5th round.... it kept saying '28 Mar, 01:52:04, Round 5 started' after each turn by someone, instead of after all 9 turns of all contenders... no clue why oO
Same for the 6th round
Then the 7th... 2 players managed to complete their turns as theyve always done, but the 3rd..... he never managed to finish his turn Oo Game just didn't allow him to end his turn. Timer slowly went down to 00:00:00 and then halted, while turn was still active. Then I suppose an admin force ended the game, timer turned to 88:88:88 - this ending of the game was however not displayed in the gamelog. Later on an attempt was made to rekindle the game, which resulted in the game being started now (see gamelogs), yet it hasn't really restarted... something is still fishy.

Main problem for the time being:

[image]

People are 'dead' yet in an 'active' game (so should be '(alive)' ) and lose a free spot for live games, which for all non-premium members implies they can't play live games anymore :<

Note that at the time of the error hijacking the game, there were 19 cards in play (assuming I counted correctly - but maybe I shouldve counted 21? :p):

28 Mar, 02:14 AlexCheckMate: let me count all the cards currently in the game
28 Mar, 02:14 AlexCheckMate: 19
28 Mar, 02:14 AlexCheckMate: that should not be a/the problem, i suppose?

Yet when I look at the game now, there are 23...... not sure what came to be there, but I can see that DP has 5 cards now, even though he handed in a set last turn, without killing someone, so he should have 3 cards max right now... instead of the 5 as displayed oO
Furthermore, the next card bonus is listed as 4, although that should be 8 (2 sets had been handed in already).

Something sure is strange.
Hope some solution can be thought of :<

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Has the problem been fixed?

https://dominating12.com/game/906605
9p game in a map with 26 territories and it DID succeed to finish the game correctly :o
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
There haven't been any fixes.
I don't think the bug you encountered is related with the double cards.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Cireon
There haven't been any fixes.
I don't think the bug you encountered is related with the double cards.

What do you think it is related with?

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
Some database transaction stuff. I believe Matty is looking into it. Let's see if that fixes the problems when it goes live.