• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
TP_knighty wrote:
well to start with what i always say it comes idea form the other risk site hehe

i think it might be actually refreshing to see another simoultanous game to d12 aka d12 best performer to actual d12 game

as im not jelly but d12s game problem is always mainly same faces; u can play only few games per month and still be in it

i dont know the actually formula how its done we would need a spy to infiltrate there hehe cause it is really loads of fun competting for that

all i know is you get more performing points with bigger games rather than a 1vs 1 they dont bring so many pts is all i know and those pts are not actuall rating pts just to not make confusion its separate pt system

xd

AlexCheckMate wrote:
More stats, is more better :p Numbers just fascinate me... so on account of that, I'm fully in favour =D

...that said... how would you do this?
For someone at 100, 1000 or 3000 rating, to increase with 1000p, or 100% is very different - how would you compare/measure?

I agree the current way, how it is done, does not really stimulate players to play in a lot of games... the higher their respective ratings become, the more likely it becomes for them to become more selective in the games they join and the strategy they adopt in these. This might not be a desired effect? But that's out of my scope to comment on. This idea^ is however fully based on the assumption that they care about their score and try to keep it high - for those who purely play for the fun of it, this is no issue at all.

How the D12 is currently managed:

https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12
The dominating 12:
Periodically the list of the best players on the site is published. The 12 best players on this list can call themselves the dominating 12 and receive black avatar banners. They are also invited to play the dominator game: a special game organised where the best of the best face off. The winner of this game will receive the dominator rank, double points and a month free premium.
To get on this list you need to have at least 30 games played in total and at least 5 games played in the last 15 days.

The current dominating 12 are:

slackbatter,   maafi,   alphax211,   Jonathon,   Matty,   lazer36,   Jimi,   AlexCheckMate,   Joeyseven,   Muzthebus,   TP_knighty,   k0canada613

Perhaps the easiest solution/semi fix, would be to increase the minimum amount of 5 games in 15d, to 15 games in 15d? That would most likely allow for the list to shuffle up quite a bit more than it does now...

having that said... I've only discovered this site 2 months ago and managed to go from 1000 to 3392 (@ time of Dominator update) rating and 8th place in that ranking over the course of some ~250 games. Climbing to ~2500 was rather simple and I suppose everyone can casually do that, provided they just join a lot of games (I've done ~4games/day) and finish them. After accomplishing that, I suppose I learnt and understood the basics of the game and knew how to play (already 'knew' how to play - played it a lot as a child with friends/family, LIVE LIVE on an actual/physical board). Joined 2 tournaments, in the first I ended up as #4, in the second got quite lucky with dice and opponents getting unlucky (allowing me to take over games), especially in 8p games this gives for a lot of pts (100+/game) and then even winning the tournament came with a bonus of +200p. Therefore I suppose getting into top30 ( https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12/2019-03-08%2009:44:39 ) is rather managable and after that you'll need some luck ;d

Note that this month (if I understand it correctly, talking with people etc.), there are 2 more new faces in the D12 (Joeyseven & k0canada613), so that's 25% fresh people in the list, which I suppose is quite good?

Would be cool to read more (different) visions on TPs concept =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
TP_knighty wrote:
its what u mention inbeggining on other site is called---- monthly most improved has nothing to do with montlhy most performing which is iit sown pts and own formula i might go voer that site might even find formula lol xd u get pts depending how strong,( more oplayers more strong the game is) heavy the game is --- thats the best performer

than what usaid is called best improved monthly leaders or scoreboard that depends how much actual rating pts u acumulate so yes int his scoreboard the more u have so lets say as u said unstart amonth with already 3k pts its super hard to get on top onthis scoreboard ; equally the less pts u start the month with the mroe chance is u win this one there sinc epercentage is diferetn as u said

so basiccly most improved scorevboard competition os either good for newbies or noobies hihi :blush:

and most performed is for the better players winning high multiplayers games 

i wish it can be done here puts loads of fun on it there where i play

PS: let me check tonight if i can find an actual formula there for it :)
TP_knighty wrote:
there imbeing a bad spy hehe xd

The Power Score is calculated to measure how impressive your performance is over a period of time. It takes into account your Start Score and End Score in the period, as well as the Max Score reached. It factors in that improving from a higher score is more challenging than from a lower score, so the higher your Start Score the more Power Score you get for improving.

its called power score(for monthly most performed) and this is all i got doesnt say an actual formula unles its hidden somewhere will ask xd
Matty wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Perhaps the easiest solution/semi fix, would be to increase the minimum amount of 5 games in 15d, to 15 games in 15d? That would most likely allow for the list to shuffle up quite a bit more than it does now...
Consider a non-premium member that only plays long term games - no matter how good he is, it'll be almost impossible to be in the d12 list then.

Personally I've been a bit more active (but only long term games) over the last half year, and I missed out on most of the d12 lists. So to the best of my knowledge the d12 list does quite a good job of identifying the best players on this site.
The fact that Alex and Jonathon managed to get on that list is not just because they had some lucky games this month, but because they're really good players.

Not saying the idea of a monthly rating is not a good one - I'd like to have one. But right now I don't know a good formula, and don't have the time to think one through.
If the community can come up with a good formula, I'm willing to implement a seperate list - and then organising a game for that list should be relatively easy.
We can see how that works.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria