This took me by surprise
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
So.. I was in this game yesterday... and it all went fine, saw nothing all too strange happening... up to the point where there should be a winner and the game should end. However, it did not. The logs say the winner ended his turn and then the game continued and forced the winner to take another turn, hand in cards, place armies and attack (on neutral of course... no real opponent/s left :p). After the attack on 1 territory was finalised, the game ended abruptly, there was no option to continue attacking (nothing about occupying it either).

There is nothing in this game that is 'bad'; the outcome is as it should be. Only mentioning it because it is the first time I came across it and was surprised. 

Game: https://dominating12.com/game/890935

Have more people experienced this or heard about it? Is it something that requires a fix, or is it just a hiccup in the server/internet connection from someone? Is there a protocol one should follow in the off chance that such a thing might happen again?

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Very weird...
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
I have seen that error before, yes. However, that was a while ago, and we fixed the error I believe... :|
Apparently, we didn't fix it for real yet ;(

Either way, there's two things you can do:
- conqueror a neutral territory, then it'll reevaluate the win conditions and try again (which is what you did)
- message @Cireon or me, and we'll force a reevaluation of the win conditions on our own way (I'll have to look it up, but I think that function is still around).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Not the exact same... but also weird and in the same topic of 'endgame bug' - suppose this is just a visual?

[image]
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Not the exact same... but also weird and in the same topic of 'endgame bug' - suppose this is just a visual?
So basically he has been defeated, but his last turn is not saved. That or cache is being weird.

Assuming you already tried F5 (:P)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
AlexCheckMate
So basically he has been defeated, but his last turn is not saved. That or cache is being weird.

Assuming you already tried F5 (:P)

Yes, F5 saved the day :p
Went back after reporting it here - suppose I should've shared that finding too (A)

― Albert Einstein