• 21 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
dough_boy wrote:
My partner has a hard time with the public chat vs team chat. In most games he is posting in the public chat. Can we do one of two things:

1. Allow people to "delete" their messages in public chat. Maybe it is a soft delete for game players, but Mod's (not involved in the game) could still see them just in case of inappropriate communications.
2. In team games have team chat be the priority?

maafi wrote:
I make the same mistake too.
Maybe making team chat the priority is the easiest thing to do.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Matty wrote:
I'd like to hear the opinions of more ppl on this. Setting the default tab to team chat (for team games) is pretty easy to do. We can even make an option for what tab you want as default.
But I'd like to hear more ppl's opinions on this before I change the default tab just like that.

I'd rather not give ppl the option to delete their chat (unless maybe for the first minute or so).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I don't play team games that often but I think posting accidentally in the Team chat doesn't really affect the game. On the other hand, posting team plans in the Game chat accidentally could seriously compromise your chances of winning, especially in fog games. So I'd say default Team chat is better (with option of changing default to game chat maybe).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
I think default for team games is a good idea.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
The team chat should be the default tab now. If you don't like it, you can change it in the settings B|.
Thanks dough_boy for the suggestion :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
cool.. now 1 minute option for sametime games? 100% of sametimers want it ;)
90 seconds maybe.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
One further chats discussion. Can it either auto position at the bottom, or show in reverse order (newest at the top)?
Hoodlum wrote:
on this subject. while moderating an active busy live game chat where an admin is called upon, there's a little frustration as it's auto scrolls to the bottom when new chats are made. not a big deal, i work around it by copy pasting to wordpad, but maybe moderating tool could be a manual scroll option?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
One further chats discussion. Can it either auto position at the bottom, or show in reverse order (newest at the top)?
It should auto-scroll to the bottem already :S

Hoodlum
on this subject. while moderating an active busy live game chat where an admin is called upon, there's a little frustration as it's auto scrolls to the bottom when new chats are made. not a big deal, i work around it by copy pasting to wordpad, but maybe moderating tool could be a manual scroll option?
I work around it by keeping the scrollbar selected with my mouse. Not ideal, but it works.
This is also a problem if you're a normal member and you jump in a live game and want to read the chat - so I'm not going to make a mod-only fix for this. What the real fix should be, I don't know.

P.S. The 1m time thing is off topic and will be ignored :)
dough_boy wrote:
Matty
dough_boy
It should auto-scroll to the bottem already :S
It does...if I click game chat and then go click on team chat. I think it is because the JS is setting the bottom of the game chat by default not realizing that Team is focused.
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
... Can it either auto position at the bottom ... ?
This should be fixed now.