• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
https://dominating12.com/game/845908

This game is over so I went to resign but it was saying I would have to pay 40 battle tokens. Since my partner is dead I should just be able to resign with no penalty...
Matty wrote:
I agree. Added an issue for it. Not sure if it'll be done quickly though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
 if you are the only player left on your team should that be counted as a resign?
like a 1v1 game when it doesn't cost or count to your resignation stats
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Normally I don't think it counts as a resign and doesn't cost you anything. However, at least in this case it was wanting to "charge" me so I am assuming it might also count as a resign as well.
Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
if you are the only player left on your team should that be counted as a resign?
like a 1v1 game when it doesn't cost or count to your resignation stats
If there are only two teams: yes.
If there are 3 or 4 teams left, then no.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I think the rule should be as simple as anytime you can resign and it immediately ends the game then it shouldn't count against you. However, if you resign and the game would continue then it counts.

Also it might be good in team games for there to be a "team resign" option. Maybe if both click it then it happens...
Matty wrote:
I'm pretty sure we do the check-if-game-is-ended code at the end, but yes, that is what we try to simulate.

A team resign option sounds good, but is a bit harder to implement in practice - we probably should get the vote to end this game system first...