"Killed" changed to "eliminated"
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
I suggest that the auto-generated email notification for players who are knocked out (K.O.) in a game is revised slightly so that the text reads "eliminated" instead of "killed" as exemplified below.

The reason for this suggestion is that it seems to me that getting "killed" in a D12 game is a slight exaggeration in that it is a browser game, not a fight to the death mano a mano. The current wording also rubs salt in the wound after having spent precious time on a game where you ultimately walk away empty-handed.

It's a small revision, and hardly one that anyone could be offended by, so I hope it's doable.

Cheers

>>

Dear [NAME ],

You were eliminated in Game 000000. Click the following link to view the game:
https://dominating12.com/game/000000

If you no longer wish to receive these email notifications, you can disable them in your notification settings.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
elysium5 wrote:
Some say potato, some say potato...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Fendi wrote:
This is a pretty easy fix. Though not sure when you'll be able to see it.
vikingo1337 wrote:
PS. I should add that the fix entails changing the email's Subject from "died" to "eliminated" in a similar fashion, viz:

"Dominating12 | You were eliminated in Game 000000"

Thanks
~Fafnismal 28
Matty wrote:
Email texts should change soon-ish (after the next update).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
killrick wrote:
i wanted to have it changed to you have been slaghtered by (insert name of killer). have a nice day.
i say potato elysium.
Matty wrote:
xD
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
You know, I kind of like the "slaughtered by..." but instead it should say;

You have been "killricked by..."
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Thanks for implementing my suggestion, Matty.
~Fafnismal 28