wording
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Thorpe wrote:
Decay
When a player is kicked (or resigned) his armies turn neutral. After each round the armies on all neutral territories are halved (approximately), until there are 3 troops left. The troops are removed in small portions after each player's turn.

This is untrue, they all turn to three or under,

Case in point a cap that goes neutral could have any amount that is over 3 and it will turn to a three all others that are under three turn itself into whatever that amount is in that territory..

I know this is sort of nick picking but it still is wrong.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
So it should be:

Decay
When a player is kicked (or resigned) their armies turn neutral. After each round the armies on all neutral territories are halved (approximately), until there are at most 3 troops left. The troops are removed in small portions after each player's turn.

Is it correct then?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
It sounds good @Matty but I would change his to their ;)
Thorpe wrote:
No..
the caps go to three if the amount is above three and there is no decay at all... 25=3, 13=3, ect...
under three the just turn neutral
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Ehhh, the decay doesn't work anymore? That's a bug. :S
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
I thought it was intentional that the decay isn't active anymore, and the issue here is that the glossary needed updating.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Decay
When a player is kicked (or resigned) all of their armies will become neutral. Any armies larger than 3 decay to 3.
Matty wrote:
To my best knowledge this is not done on purpose, but a bug with the site. Though it's been so for at least half a year now :S

Do you think the current way is better? I personally don't think it is.
aeronautic wrote:
If I was playing and a player left the game, I'd want the Cap and all territories to drop to 3 as soon as possible. The decay stops territories that were strong defenses from opening up your enemies, but they also deny you a path and the decay (when it worked) cost me a few lost games.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Still, they are blocked for everyone. And if you drop them right away, it'll benefit the next player in row much more then it'll benefit the last player.
Hoodlum wrote:
I don't think i've ever seen a fuss about the change, this is the first mention i've seen and it's just a feedback of wording. It's been working well.
I still like the idea of decaying neutrals for other future gameplay possibilities though.
A bad thing I do remember of the old way, was when a player purposely resigned with a huge army of neutrals on Moron, Caribbean map. It ruined the outcome.
dough_boy wrote:
There were a few games where someone had a large army blocking a key route (north africa) and then for whatever reason they kicked. Their armies didn't decay and blocked access providing someone in SA free protection.
elysium5 wrote:
I liked it better with the decay.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
The decay should work again.