• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
JeopardyTempest wrote:
I love the game site. It works very sharp and clean in almost everything.

But one thing that continues to dog me, especially when playing quite a few games or in a hurry, is trouble found in scrolling to get vital game info.
Now I certainly haven't done as well as I could have in being meticulous.

But in that process of scrolling, I've often lost track of which player was which, or the fact someone had an out-of-the-way bonus.
And most importantly, in team games in often takes significant work to keep track of who's who and all the important details of who has what and goes when... and have even attacked teammates in confusion a few times. And wonder if I'm not the only one?

I now see that the color bar on the right hand side of the game could be used to help me keep track. For me it still takes quite a bit of side-to-side visual looking... and the colors don't stand out enough to take it in in a brief glimpse. But it is useful.
However I suggest some minor improvement options there or elsewise that could make the side work a lot easier, especially in team:
 - Add some kind of outline to that side box for teammates. Could use like a gold color, or if there's no option for that, your own color?
 - Or maybe dim all of your teammates each time it's your turn so that you are encouraged on who to focus on?
 - Could even add some kind of hints to the actual board itself... maybe changing the color of numbers to gold or your own color, or adding the gold/your own outlines subtly to teammate circles.
 - Likewise, if easy... if the side boxes could include a quick synopsis of a couple other main details... deploy troop amount perhaps, maybe # of cards... that'd help immensely.

I would think a couple of suggestions may well be something that could be done pretty easily, and really improve game quality, especially for teams. The more information that's quickly attainable, the more competitive and exciting the games will be on this site.
dough_boy wrote:
I apply my own tweaks to the interface for this. When I am in a team game everyone else gets a different border treatment. When I am in an assassination game my target gets a treatment and everyone else is dimmed. I also have it so I can hover over a given territory and see the information about the owner. I can also doubleclick it to see which territories are considered adjacent.
Matty wrote:
One thing that may help is to turn on 'colour blind' settings. When hovering a territory they tell you who it is and what team they're in.

https://dominating12.com/account/settings
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I can't find a thread that was discussing team game colours.

I have been thinking about clarity in team games for who / what colour is what team, I know we use a Letter System (A,B,C,D) for the teams (up to 4 teams).

I tried out a few graphic things and settled on 2 possibilities.
First I made exact D12 colour circles without any shadows then played with the options of team outer-glows and team troop number colours.
In the example are:
Bottom Row: Current D12 Circles
3rd Row (Orange Arrow): Exact D12 Circles without shadows
2nd Row: Circles with Pink glow and same inner shadow as current circles.
1st Row: Circles with Yellow glow and same inner shadow as current circles.

1st & 2nd Rows also have alternative / joint option of coloured troop numbers.

Background is medium dark textured.

[image]

If any of this is possible let's discuss refining it to make 4 groups on a new sprite also with attacking & defending circles included (overlaid in foreground the same as regular circles)?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.