• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
suggestion if we are working towards smart phones.

had a play on a phone and the maps and site looks really sleek but trying to play on it was a test of patience, but I 'm not a phone person. I found it frustrating and noticed how much scrolling happens just to attack. when I press the attack button top right, I can't tell if I pressed the attack button properly, unless I scroll left to see the dice changes or scroll down to where I can see the digits change in the circles.

what if we can limit the scrolling so to make it compatible with mobile devices, and the user can see what's going on where it's happening, without all that scrolling up - down and across the map. i think it might even be a better way to play on a pc too..

instead of clicking the attack/place/move buttons at the top right, what if we could have an option to just click the circles for placing/attacking, and only ever need to scroll/mouse to the top right when dealing with moving large troops for the drop down list. if it's a low amount to move, just clickity click the circles. 1 click per unit you want to move. a long press would just move all.

and what about a long press (mouse/finger) for when blitz attacking a territory.

better explained by images. - have a go at running your cursor over the image to get an idea how it feels natural.

Placement (click to show)

Attacking (click to show)

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
I think if we got around to redoing the interface in general and had the all in one that was floating over the area that would be helpful.

I would like to see it more mobile friendly as I find myself with some downtime in places with my phone, but I don't take my turns due to the complexity of it.
Matty wrote:
11 months ago @Cireon suggested an interface improvement to move some things from the topbar to floating screens right below the territories (or something).
I think that interface improvement is step 1. After that we can discuss about more improvements.

I can't find the topic right now, as it's been a while ago... (I checked the branch with Cireon's code to find the date).

Edit: https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/771/interface-changes/post/44157#post-44157
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I might be biased, but I agree with Matty that something similar to what I suggested may actually work better.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
Cireon
I might be biased, but I agree with Matty that something similar to what I suggested may actually work better.

I do like your idea also, i just wonder about how it will affect sametime games (PC) where all of the map needs to be visible and then this floating button will keep re-appearing. hopefully not in the wrong place.

a work around this would be as much allowable transparency but also, that you should be able to drag the button anywhere suitable for you on the map..like an ocean part, . and then it will memorize the last position you placed it before it reappears.

as a sametime player, the closer the button the better.

I'm in favour of my suggestion therefore, -- mobile devices and sametime compatibility :)

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman