• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
So i have made some big 2v2 tournaments and they are enjoyable.
24 teams round robin. + each team has a 2v2v2 game and also a 2v2v2v2 game.
2 points for 2v2
6 points for 2v2v2
8 points for 2v2v2v2

24 is a good number.

It's quite a lengthy set up, but they are a lot of fun to play and follow the progress.

I have a programming wish list :) If any of these are possible. Just wishes.

Team games defaulted as join order.

Duplicate create games are really handy, but being able to have an option to randomize a map according to size of previous map your duplicating would be great.

Players preferred colours (statitstics) could be auto selected upon tournament orgranizers entering them in game. Second colour, third..if a player has already gotten your colour.

Entering a team name instead of players names. Eg.. Create team.. Enter name of team. add players to the team... Then be able to add teams vs teams. save a 1/4 of the time.

A search filter on the tournament page to be able to keep track of wins/points.

atm - the the best way to keep track of this players/teams results is to. Give each team a round name as I have done https://dominating12.com/tournament/23

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Defaults on the create a game page is actually something Cireon and me are discussing, but I don't think it will come anytime soon.

You can already randomize a map: Pick a random number n. Choose the n-th map in the create game page with the right player number. Remember the id. Go to https://dominating12.com/modpanel/game/manage and change the map to the remembered id.

The preferred colour is something I wanted to do for a long time, not sure if we'll ever get it :)

I don't think I'll ever going to do the team name thing - there's just too many other important things - maybe ask me again three years from now.

Keeping track of wins/points per player? Can you make a screenshot / mock-ui of what you mean?
Wow, that's a lot to set up o_O - not surehow that system works though, as you only group one of the teams, not both.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
yeah i know i can change the maps in the mod panel, but there are over 200 games in this particular tournament. atm i am creating them and then duplicating them in blocks of approx 5 each time, therefore the same teams play the same map about 4 or 5 times but it would be cooler if there was just a random map feature so they can get more of a variety. I plan to keep going with these pairs tournaments, just thinking of ways for it to be better, and easier to set up. Atm i can count the wins per teams manually, the way I have structured it but it is still a bit hard.
Here's an example of the structure so that i can keep track.. and you can see how the teams would get the same blocks of duplicated maps..

https://dominating12.com/tournament/21 (finished tournament)

It's easy to count the wins for Team Bumble Bee but if for example I wanted to track the wins for Team The Crusaders, I am scrolling all over the place. Just thinking of a search filter for a player/team would be handy.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Regarding automatic color selection - I can only do so after I know the player, which means after you de-select the player name field - and then I still have to look it up, so it can take a second or something.
How to do that? UI wise? I don't want to override a choice you have chosen manually.
Maybe an option to choose 'default' and not auto-fill the color at all?

But then what to do with double colours - take the second most chosen colour I guess.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
I made a participants list for tournaments, so that you can see all players that joined a game in the tourney. It also shows their wins/total games record. (This includes games that aren't finished yet btw - I could change that).
I hope it helps for one of your points.