• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jimi wrote:
I was thinking if there is in the options-players tab a new tab called odds calculations, that may help the players to avoid stupid kamikaze moves by entering the number of attacking troops in a box against defense troops, that would give him a clue of the percentage of success and failure of his attack,, so we can avoid ruining some games due to bad calculations, of course it's part of the game to take risks sometime, but this will help out to make better and smarter moves.
For example I use this simple site that gives me a clue of what kind of result I might get.
http://riskodds.com

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Cireon wrote:
I am gonna leave it to @Matty to respond on this, because he knows better than me what the state of revealing dice algorithms is.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
elysium5 wrote:
Here is the best odds calculator:

If you have more troops than the player you are trying to take out, plus one extra troop for each territory you will have to occupy, there is a good chance you will win.

If you have fewer troops than that, don't be a Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jimi wrote:
elysium5
Here is the best odds calculator:

If you have more troops than the player you are trying to take out, plus one extra troop for each territory you will have to occupy, there is a good chance you will win.

If you have fewer troops than that, don't be a Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins.
True, but in bigger numbers especially in capitals you have better chance in attack than defence even if you have a bit fewer troops

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Matty wrote:
Info on the dice you can find here: https://dominating12.com/dice - no secrets there.

However, I don't think having a calculator for moves is our job. It's an external site (not going to make one myself) and you have to choose yourself which one you use (if any).
If you want a simple way to see if you can attack: If you have more troops, go for it. If you have less troops: don't. And then if you want to attack other territories, add 1 for each territory (as you need to leave troops behind). Simple as that.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria