new pop up to show attached lands
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jimi wrote:
sometimes, new players (and old players) troubles and make mistakes due to unclear connections between lands.

so I have a suggestion to make a flash pop up when you put the mouse on your land to show you which lands you can attack by shadowing them or show a dot or bar that you can attack these lands.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Cireon wrote:
Personally I think our map interface is already quite busy. I recently added some quick functionality for this on the map interface, but this is not really a good option for the actual game. Imagine in particular maps with ports or connections from left or right which would make a mess if we started connecting them with line. I have an idea on how to do this nicely, but I want to hear from you first what you think would be a good way to show these connections. Maybe you come up with something better than what I have in mind :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
I wrote some javascript that if I double click on a given territory it will highlight the territories that connect to it red. I can then double click again to turn it off.

Here I double clicked on Pakistan (this map always gives me trouble in this region)

[image]

Cireon wrote:
Sure, we can do something with double click, but a single click is already selecting a territory, so I'm not sure if that is an ideal solution. (Also, we may have to make it a bit prettier than in that screenshot ;) )
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
dough_boy wrote:
Hey...it is just simple CSS and is what works for me. You guys could do whatever you want. :)
Cireon wrote:
I wasn't criticising, I am happy people like the site enough to start hacking around in the JavaScript ;) I'll give people another day to share suggestions before I reveal my grand plan :)
aeronautic wrote:
I suggest a mouse hover option that adds an illumination to the circle if it's connected to the selected territory, this way, you have to select a city to use in attack then hover over the intended target to see if it's connected. This can of course result in the realisation that it doesn't illuminate and so is not connected.

However, this does not eliminate a player from getting their self stuck when they believe two territories are connected, but perhaps you could have the code illuminate an adjaceny on mouse hover after selecting your territory, even if it's not your turn.
Therefore, a players can select any territory at any time and hover over other territories to see what it's connected to?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Alright, so I think it is time to share my idea:

I think instead of highlighting connected countries, we could dim the numbers in all countries that are not connected. We can do this when you hover on any territory, whether you are playing or not, whether it's your turn or not, etc. Since this would make for quite a busy effect, I suggest the unconnected territories start fading out if you hover over a territory for longer than a second, and fade back in as soon as you leave the territory with your mouse.

Now, this effect wouldn't really work on touch screens, but we don't currently support those anyway...

Thoughts?
Matty wrote:
Seems like a good idea in text. I'd like to see it as well, but then we can always revert or adjust.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Jimi wrote:
Nice would love to see it

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman