Limitations to conquer
  • 1 post
  • Page 1 of 1
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
In these years that I wasn´t visiting the site I missed many discussions in the Forum and I forget some others that I have read or participated in. But what is still fresh in my mind, is how staff are against to add new game options. And I understand their point and I agree with them (I have been part of many games ruined because a player didn´t understand the goal/rules of the game).

That is why I was so reluctant to share this suggestion.

Now I am playing a Tournament with many 1vs1 games in the World Inverted Map. Usually in 1vs1, being first playing is an advantage, but if you add some good dice at the beginning or some luck with cards (to have set in three while the opponent doesn´t have it four) some games are already decided in 3 or 4 rounds. Mainly, because the reinforcements are huge and you can affect seriously the reinforcement of your opponent, getting a big advantage over him/her.

And it is sad, because when you see the initial set up it looks like you can have an interesting game because all of the strategies you see there.
How to avoid this? Firstly, not playing these maps in 1vs1. But now we have many Tournaments where 1vs1 has a major role. I suggest that in these large maps attacks are limited in the first rounds, so First player cannot make so much damage in the opponent. Let’s see and example:

Round 1: Player A Maximum 1 attack.
     Player B: 2 attacks max.
Round 2: Player A: 2 attacks max
    Player B: 3 attacks max
Round 3: Player A: 3 attacks max
    Player B: 3 attacks max

And it will be like this until Round 10, where there is no limitation to attack (when I say attack I mean to conquer a country).
It also could be simpler, being the limitations: 1-2; 2-2; 2-2 and so on. 

To avoid problems with so many options to create a game, this sort of game could be only available in Tournaments (Advanced Attacks?) where Players should read the Rules in the forum.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra