• 29 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
UltrasPlot wrote:
So I've brought a couple friends from elsewhere to D12, and a near universal complaint is that the shop is difficult to find. Maybe add a link to it on the UI to the left of rank upgrades?
Cireon wrote:
The shop can be find by clicking "Upgrades" in the navigation bar. I am afraid I can't make it much easier than that...
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
On a second thought, maybe we should create a better starting page for the shop, with a quick explanation about what the shop is, with links to the different parts of the shop. We can then just rename the "Upgrades" link in the navigation bar to "Shop", would that help?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Hoodlum wrote:
agree. when I am asked about how to purchase things to a player, I struggle to find it myself lol. renaming is a good idea
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Cireon
The shop can be find by clicking "Upgrades" in the navigation bar. I am afraid I can't make it much easier than that...
Ah...I knew about that, just thought we were talking about a different "Shop".

One thing that has always perplexed me is that the ONLY place I have found to see my ranking is on my Upgrades page. I would have expected to see it either on my user page or my dashboard page.
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
One thing that has always perplexed me is that the ONLY place I have found to see my ranking is on my Upgrades page. I would have expected to see it either on my user page or my dashboard page.
I agree with that (the user page; never thought about putting it on the dashboard page).

There's two problems with it though:
- The user page is used for public information - your rating is a secret.
- The user page is quite full of information already - where to put it?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
How about just adding it to the user name in the nav? e.g. "You are logged in as: dough_boy (####)" Keep the name as a link and make the (####) show a tooltip on over that it is their rating.
Cireon wrote:
I like it
Cireon wrote:
Made some changes, what do you think?

[image]
elysium5 wrote:
Pretty snazzy, Cireon!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
UltrasPlot wrote:
Cireon
Made some changes, what do you think?

[image]

Awesome!