For seeing games as they happen
  • 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Madagascarter wrote:
I know we have a game log for this but trying to work out what really happened in the game and trying to work out why people did what they did is very difficult from just the game log. It's kind of like playing mind chess. I am suggesting that we add a feature called a game film which you can watch turn by turn , in fast mode or normal mode, to try and understand other people's tactics better.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Cireon wrote:
@Stratosphere was working on this, but it has not really been worked on lately.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
with what stratosphere managed to do, it was a very useful tool for moderating a suicide/teaming complaint. It was quite cool to watch a random big game in fast forward too.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
If you are able to provide me with the raw data for one game I could build something and you could "install" it.
Matty wrote:
It is sort of already there.

The load-full-log call is a post call available for guests, so you can always use that one (though it requires string parsing, as it's not a very nice json object structure).

We currently don't have the internal game events available to the outside, I should discuss with Cireon if we want that externally available, but I think it should be fine - I've always wanted to build something like this, though never got to it, so if you put this in a public github repo or something, please gimme a link :P.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I wouldn't make them available outside. I was just wondering if you could provide the raw data for one game and I could build something off of that. Then you just have to hook it up to your system using authentication, etc.
Matty wrote:
So you basically want to create a javascript page that plays a game given a few requests that get you all raw json-data?
I can get you that (= the necessary data) quite easily, though you probably want data on a capitals game and an assassination game :).

Not sure what the limits are on #characters in a message, so I might zip it and send it to the email you used to register on d12 - is that one active?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Yup. You could send me one of each type and I could start with the basic, apply it to the capitals, tweak as necessary, etc.

Should be...it is where I get all of my notifications about turns, etc.
Matty wrote:
Voila, you should have a data-dump of three games in your email inbox (I'm pretty sure domination games are exactly the same as deathmatch games in terms of raw data - they just end earlier).

It took me a bit longer because I had to upload one thing, and since our latest develop branch is broken I used the debug site xD
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I wasn't aware of this thread - seems @Stratosphere was on this from way back already! :o
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
jr502 wrote:
Hey Alex.... I have commented in the forums a lot lately, but had never started a new thread. I tried to post a new thread just now and I don't see it. Are they moderated? Maybe I forgot to click something.

edit: sorry never mind I see it now. I don't know if I was blind before, or if it just takes a couple of minutes to process and post
jr502 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
I wasn't aware of this thread - seems @Stratosphere was on this from way back already! :o

yeah, I never saw the one Stratosphere was working on.  I wasn't around then.  I've enjoyed playing around with Alun-Turner's (I think I spelled that right)