• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
I recently joined a game and was #9 of 9. Unfortunately they created the game to be Join Order for Join Manner. Is there anyway we can know this in advance? Or prevent someone from doing this? With 9 people on a map I was actually surprised I even got a turn. I don't mind being #9 if everyone else has a chance at being #9 too.

Maybe this is just another filter option?
Hoodlum wrote:
All games are random in turn order. Join order only relates to Team games, where join order means where you can partner up with someone, because you join a game together. ie: players 1&2 that enter 1st & 2nd in the game, will be a pair. And even after the game is full and launched, the turn order is random and fair.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Are you sure about that? I just went to create a game and clicked on "View more" and then clicked on "Free for All" (even though it was already "selected";) I could then choose "Join Order". If I didn't click on "Free for All" it was "disabled". My guess is then that this is a bug that some are exploiting. Since I was #9 and the game started when I joined I noted that none of the order changed. This is statistically not possible to have at least 1 change I would think.
Hoodlum wrote:
hmmm yes you are correct..good spot. I think it is a bug.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but do you mean that you've managed to select a non free for all join manner while the game is free for all?
If you do this the join manner is ignored completely and it'll be as normal.

(You can also do this by right clicking the join manner and enable the checkbox with your developer tools if you are interested - it's a nice way of "hacking" things).

Obviously, it is possible that the randomizer for who starts when is accidentally the same as the order that you've joined in, but that has nothing to do with the checkbox.

If the game you are talking about is game 719319 - it has a join manner of 'NULL', as is expected for a free for all.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I was talking about that game. I thought it strange that the order didn't appear to change, but if you say it worked as intended then I am good to go.