• 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
dough_boy wrote:
I have played a few games and love it. I would think that we also shouldn't see the number of cards someone has. If this is truly "Fog of War" and we can't see anything about someone else, then we shouldn't see how many cards they have either.
Cireon wrote:
Would love to get other people's opinions on this. The difference between hiding territories and hiding cards is that in theory you can find out the information of army numbers by "exploring", but you can never find out the number of cards in the player's hands, and they are a vital part of strategy, and hiding them would just completely blind you and prevent you from having any information to plan out your strategy, so I'd vote for keeping them visible.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
I'd vote for cards fogged. gamelog fogged. even a players colour randomized in game launch. Turn order fogged, and the game chat disabled. Total fog.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Maybe there is a setting for "Total Fog" as Hoodlum mentioned? Options are Yes, No, Total.
Matty wrote:
I haven't played fog for a while now, but personally I liked trying to gather as much possible info on players while seeing so little. Cards and who takes turns when (especially in same time for games) can tell a lot.

But if loads of ppl are interested in total fog games, we could make it. Could be cool as well.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ProblemChild96 wrote:
i agree, i have always thought it should be that way dough_boy, good suggestion
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Sygmassacre wrote:
Total fog would be not being able to see the territory next to you. You just have to attack a ? and hope there isn't 50 sitting on there
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
dough_boy wrote:
Sygmassacre
Total fog would be not being able to see the territory next to you. You just have to attack a ? and hope there isn't 50 sitting on there
I am not sure I would count that as total fog, but I could see where "total means total". I think that you would still always see what was next to you.
Matty wrote:
Sygmassacre
Assuming of course you guessed correctly on which territory is your own?

If you want total to mean total, then it should also fog your own troops, right?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
slackbatter wrote:
Or maybe total fog means there isn't even anything to see anyway, and we're all just grasping at an illusion of war. We're left to battle our own psyche in a increasingly lonely and hopeless (and foggy) void; true enlightenment being our only escape from the endless doom that awaits.

Or would that be too hard to program?
dough_boy wrote:
Matty
Sygmassacre
Assuming of course you guessed correctly on which territory is your own?

If you want total to mean total, then it should also fog your own troops, right?
No...total would let you see your troops and territories next to you. But other than the color of the person you wouldn't know who the person was, you wouldn't know how many cards everyone has and you wouldn't know who killed who. That is my version of total fog.
Matty wrote:
slackbatter
Or maybe total fog means there isn't even anything to see anyway, and we're all just grasping at an illusion of war. We're left to battle our own psyche in a increasingly lonely and hopeless (and foggy) void; true enlightenment being our only escape from the endless doom that awaits.

Or would that be too hard to program?
Nope, already did in fact. The whole world around you is exactly this.