(36 hour turns) - For players who have irregular schedules
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Madagascarter wrote:
I often find that I can't always go online at a regular time so sometimes I'll have a 20 hour gap and other times it might be 26. It is extremely annoying to find the one of my turns have gone because of an irregular schedule, especially as I play every day. So can you produce a mode with more than 24 hours to take turns?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Vexer wrote:
I think 48 hours is too long. But i would like a 36 hour option. Sometimes I come home from work too exhausted to take my turns but I do it anyway and end up not playing my best. With 36 hour turns I could go to bed early and take my turns in the morning when needed. I would assume that anyone who joins a 36 hour game would care more about everyone taking their turns and playing their best than how long the game takes.
I'm thinking that the add time button in this case should not double the turn time but add 12 hours instead which would make it a 48 turn for the few times a game you would need it.
Matty wrote:
This is quite easy to program, so if we can get a few more people to comment on suggestions and like/dislike than I could make it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
36 hours would suit me too though I'd make the add time 24 hours.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
elysium5 wrote:
I, too, like the 36-hour option. I'm in the same situation where I usually come online the same time every day and when I know I'm not going to be able to it would be nice to have the cushion.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
slackbatter wrote:
I think it's a good idea for those who would need it (36 hours with 24 added option). I haven't ever needed this myself but would have no problem playing games with the longer turns.
Matty wrote:
Okey, 36 hour turns are now a thing :)

Haven't looked at the adding time yet, but you can create games with 36 hour turns.

Also, resigning when there are 2 players left doesn't cost tokens anymore.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Thanks matty. Used it already.

I'm not too particular on the add time thing. I'm guessing it will add 24 hours instead of 36 (depends how you coded it) and that would be fine.
elysium5 wrote:
Well done. Nice option!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Madagascarter wrote:
Thanks Matty, Is there any chance you could add it to the filter so I know which games have this timing?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Matty wrote:
@Vexer: I think it will add 1 hour if it is your turn, but it will add 24 hours if you use the vacation mode thing (I think it's called absence mode nowadays).

@Madagascarter: Yup, I added it ;)