I missed a turn due to this design flaw
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Madagascarter wrote:
I was going away from the country for the weekend which meant that internet was impossible to find. I wanted to take precautions so I didn't miss any turns in my long term games. So I decided I would go on my phone and add extra time. Nothing seemed to happen no matter how many times I clicked it but I was pretty satisfied that an extra 24 hours would be added to my turns when they came. When I came back, I saw that I had missed one of my turns and that the turn length had only been 24 hours. I was annoyed enough to post this in the suggestion forums ;) Then I tried adding extra time again to see what actually happens and a nice notification (that didn't come up on my phone) came up that said that time can only be added on your turn, But that defeats the point! What is the point of adding time when your on the site and can take your turn!? Surely, the whole purpose of adding time is to make sure you can prevent missing turns on days you know you can't take them.

Also, this site is really difficult to use on apple phones, perhaps try it out and understand the difficulty but I understand that will take time to think about it. 
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Cireon wrote:
For this reason there is "vacation mode", which will automatically add 24 hours to your turn if you don't start it, if I remember correctly. I do agree that it is maybe not completely obvious, and maybe we can work on the messaging there.

Regarding usability on phones. I am aware of that, but there are still plenty of issues to fix on the normal desktop interface before we can start considering mobile devices, because the website was never designed for mobile use.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
farspaceplace wrote:
However u have to be premium to be able to use the vacation mode, correct? I had the same issue once, with trip to the country, and at that time it stated only premium have that option. Its not a complaint, just a clarification if thats still the case.
Matty wrote:
To be honest, I don't know. It defenitely was that way once, but not sure if it still is.
The premium page doesn't list this as a benefit.

The reasons where to make sure it wasn't abused and to make sure that non premium players who only have 5 games don't have to wait an eternity per game because everyone uses vacation mode all the time.

The admin panels have improved now though, so the first reason isn't that strong anymore, and I have no idea whether or not the second one ever was a problem that actually happened, or just a theoretic one.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria