• Page 1 of 1
ARMAS wrote:
Note: the opposing player should have to consent to the surrender
cody224 wrote:
Hmm, then that would take the fun out of crushing your opponent
Seph wrote:
its not cool when you haft to get off to do something in real life
4myGod wrote:
I don't know about a surrender function. The problem is, most people are ready to surrender quite quickly, even when they still have a chance to win. And like cody said it takes the fun out of the game. It's like playing Risk with your friends in real life and one of them says "I don't want to play anymore, this sucks, I'm gonna lose anyways."

If we added a surrender function and player 1 surrenders and player 2 says no, then player 1 will be angry and will stop trying to win, which also takes the fun out of it.

I've considered adding a "tie game" vote for the games that go on forever without a winner. Sometimes you get in a stalemate.

Also I will be adding for live games a vote to turn the live game into a regular game. This would make it so if people have to go the game can just be turned into a regular game and finished later.
Tamloo wrote:
I think we need a surrender button.... When the other player wants to quit and can't surrender it takes more fun out of the game when we have to wait 24 hours for us to go and it also won't let us join more than 4 games, thus I can't play for days on this site.

I have been looking for days for sites that host risk and this is the most reasonable one. However, no surrender or quit button is REALLY lame.

And also, if you run out of time, you should be BOOTED from the game. I will refuse to wait days to be able to join another game.
cody224 wrote:
I think Tamloo has a good point, i dont like waiting for 2 days untill game automatically kicks them out. But if we get a quit button, people will miss use it and then that takes the fun out of the game. Example: I have most of the territorys on the map, and green player has 10 left. It obivous green is going to lose so he pushes quit button and i dont get to finish crushing him. Also if it s a 3 or more player game, and a player quits, it could change the course of the game and not let somebody kill him and take his cards.
cody224 wrote:
unless he quits and it leaves all his territorys left on the board. That way he cant take his turn anymore, but players can still take him out and get cards
4myGod wrote:
I don't know any other Risk site that has a surrender button. These sites have tried surrender buttons and it was not good. I know nobody likes to finish off a game when they feel they've lost.

There are a few reasons though not to have a surrender button:

1. People will want to surrender or quit before they've really lost. Sometimes it's difficult for people to see that they can win, but they can. Perhaps they give up, but then their enemy has a few unlucky rolls, they turn in a set of cards and now they have the upper hand. However with surrender, they would simply start the game, play a few turns and when they felt like they might lose they'd click the surrender button.

2. Having the other people in the game clicking accept or decline to the surrender button isn't going to work so well. Example: cody224 wants to finish out his game. You click surrender, he says no because he wants to finish you off, or perhaps he thinks you still have a chance. When you click the surrender button though, and he says no, you are going to be angry because you will feel he is locking you in the game. Then you are not going to want to play anymore.

3. Let's say it's a 3 man game, one person wants to surrender, then one person clicks yes and the other no. It is anonymous, so the person who wants to surrender doesn't know who said no or yes. Then the person who said yes types in chat "I said yes, he said no." The person who wants to surrender will be angry that the other player said no and will suicide his troops into that player for revenge to make sure that player loses.

4. When I make strategies I plan for what other people will do not only what they have. If someone owns Africa sometimes I let them keep Africa because I know someone else will attack Africa, so I don't need to. If there is a surrender button, I am expecting them to attack Africa, so I don't attack it, then instead they post a surrender, now I'm going to have to say yes because I will be afraid if I say no they will suicide into me. So I say yes and it ruins my strategy and the guy with Africa keeps Africa, because the other player surrendered instead of continuing his game.

5. If you are so sure you will lose that you want to surrender, there couldn't be more than 2-3 more turns left then for you. If there are more than that many turns, chances are you still have a chance to win. Sometimes as soon as a game starts someone says "I'm dead..." and that's exactly what's going to happen, someone will visualize in his head just as the game starts that he will lose, so he will click surrender because he doesn't want to waste his time. Also the game might get going and there are 5 people, and 1 person has only 3 territories left, so he wants to click surrender, if the other 4 players want to kill him he will be finished off in only a few turns or next turn, but if they don't, then he has a chance to win still. Even with 3 territories if he quietly builds up his troops he could win. I've seen amazing things like that happen, and we learn from things as we continue playing even past the point that we think we will lose.

Overall even if the surrender button was used properly, which it wouldn't be, it would only save you from a couple of turns. If you have more than a couple of turns left then chances are you could still win.

If anyone locks you into one territory and doesn't kill you, then tell me and I will ban that user.

The other option is to purchase a premium account so you can play as many games as you want. It's only $25/year.