• 17 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
aeronautic wrote:
I understand that this is low priority Cireon and that there are many more important things to do.
I always feel it's good to throw ideas around and generate new thought for improvement, without applying any pressure to implement the ideas.
You guys must be snowed under with To-Do lists and you get my utmost respect for all the free work you do to make this site tick.

My suggestion above is a variation of that discussed many moons ago, I wasn't suggesting 2 games where you have to accept or join the 2nd one (as originally proposed), I was suggesting a Game Setup Option of 1v1 with auto rematch, so as soon as the 1st game finishes, the 2nd starts with the same settings and placements, but with territories & player order reversed.
Player A now gets Player B's territories and play order.
I guess there would have to be some new type of coding to store the game #1 territory allocations and also (only if a bonus of some kind is to be added) a final tally to check if either player won both games.

When a player creates or joins this game type, they will be aware that it is 2 games and if anyone wants to leave or not play the 2nd game, they can resign and that is their loss.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Yeah that's the bulk of the code actually. Building a popup "do you want a rematch?" Is probably relatively minor in the overall picture, if we figure out how to do it understandably for the user. It is probably also a much better than adding yet another option to the create game page.

The challenge lies in having to mostly redo all the code related to creating games, to allow for not randomly generated games. To build a system where users are automatically forwarded to the new game and don't just leave the website because they don't realise they're in another game. If we want special point handling, we also need a way to link the two matches together, and redo our point generation algorithm entirely. There's a lot of small things to make this all work too..

I think this needs several full days of work and that is a bit more than any programmer can give right now I think. I'll just leave this image here as well:

[image]
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card