Change notification setup to work in many tabs for deaf
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Atlas2001 wrote:
I am hard of hearing, and would like to play here , except that I have become downgraded as a player for missing turns.

If you really want to improve speed of play here, then do what other sites have done.

I can play at LandGrab and when it is my turn, that tab automatically appears with a dialogue as such, while automatically changing to that tab.
aeronautic wrote:
That sounds like a good idea to me, to automatically take you to the game if the tab is open, but better still, automatically take you to the game with least time left when it's your turn and you are logged in.
I guess if other staff like it, it would probably have to go on the ToDo list along with the many other proposed upgrades/improvements.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
I don't think this would be liked by other staff, because it encourages not paying attention to the game and that's what wastes other people's time, figuring out in your turn what happened when you weren't there.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
I see your point Psymon, but I am currently only regarding people who can't hear the audible warning and / or may have been away for a toilet break etc. Not necessarily people who leave the game and take no notice... that's bad etiquette and bad strategy and it will at least stop people from wandering into the forums and browsing the net when playing a live game. It's so easy to forget you are playing a game when you're distracted.

Also, it could be used to take you to your LT game where it's your turn when you log in.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
There is an idea of making the tab switch colour.
That's not a browser notification yet, but it would help a bit I think.

I also saw an idea of browser notifications come by elsewhere ( @Cireon ??), but not sure what came of it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Browser notifications is definitely something I want to do still. It's a clear quality of life improvement, but there are some things I'd have to think about (like not sending notifications multiple times if you have multiple tabs open). I think if we make it so that it gives a notification if you have the game page open, that would not be too hard to program.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
elysium5 wrote:
While I will start out by saying that if there is time to implement some sort of notification when it is your turn and it doesn't come before more important things on the to do list, I certainly don't object to it but I would also like to point out that I do also believe that there are way to many people who don't pay attention to the game and are thus diluting the quality of play. This is a strategy game that involves a very complex amount of scenarios and if you are playing a game, you should be paying attention. This is Risk, not Pokemon Go.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Matty wrote:
elysium5
While I will start out by saying that if there is time to implement some sort of notification when it is your turn and it doesn't come before more important things on the to do list, I certainly don't object to it but I would also like to point out that I do also believe that there are way to many people who don't pay attention to the game and are thus diluting the quality of play. This is a strategy game that involves a very complex amount of scenarios and if you are playing a game, you should be paying attention. This is Risk, not Pokemon Go.
True, but in big games the first few turns can be boring and it's not that weird to also answer a phone call in such a turn (or browser some news site, whatever). If then all of a sudden it's your turn, it is easy to miss and a notification would help.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria