• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Hey Cireon, I think you'll probably be aware of this bug by now. Just in case you're not, Matty asked I wrote something to you - here it is:

Starting a few hours ago, all sametime games we've tried get stuck at the end of turn one. Either the turn doesn't end. Or if it does end, the second turn doesn't start. Or if it does start, we never get the opportunity to place troops or do anything else. Refreshing doesn't help.

It's been happening to a lot of consecutive live games too. Less predictably - some go on for a few more turns, but most keep getting stuck.

Here is one such game (you can also check all my recent live games if you need to look at more: https://dominating12.com/game/648627
Cireon wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. I made a huge change to the underlying game logic that is crucial in improving the site's performance. I tested it myself without much issue, but apparently it doesn't hold up. I have reverted the changes and we should now be back on the old system. I will investigate if I can reproduce the issue and hopefully fix it before taking a second attempt at deploying the change.

Sorry about the games. I understand it is frustrating. It took me a while to fix, especially since things only started to go wrong after I left home.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
TheMachiavelli wrote:
That's absolutely fine! Many of us are grateful for all your efforts to improve the site's performance. Here is to hoping it works next time.

It did work for a while (we were in the middle of a game when you made the changes, and that game continued for quite a few more turns. We then had another sametime game that worked fine too. There might have been more but I wasn't around).