without bonuses
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
TP_knighty wrote:
im sleepy its 1am but this has been on my mind for quiet some time now so just to put it out in the open ill make it short

after mainly playing caps and 2p dm i finnaly got myslef into mulitiplayer dms aand to put it short wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyway way way too much killing over regions for bonuses that ends up anyway minus for loosing so much besides that aswell making only bad mood between players for being angry on eachother obviously ending in destroying a game while someoen becmoenig so week and easy card target plus going so immensly for regions kills each of players safe spots we use to call satelites - that is usually someoens troops hiden or far away or protected from most of players.

soooooooooooo icome to an idea all this would be goone if there would be a non region non bonus map made much more fun for increasing cards much better outcome of a game

okey dokey gn

PS. i might rewrite long and boring version of this again tommorow hihi lol ^^
The_Bishop wrote:
Actually it might be interesting.
I think some people will get disoriented, not having a valid reason for suiciding anymore!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
We have talked about this type of map and considered it.
There are loads of possibilities, for example, you could have World Classic or any one Country with a real topographic type colour scheme, but still with territories and borders.

You could have World Classic or any other map with the regions still in place for reference, but with no bonuses. This type I think would cause players to still contest regions for many reasons. The first being, first-time-users believing them to offer a bonus, there'll be the desire for stronghold positions with the least defense points (e.g. Australia) or players that feel that the region belongs to them because they have most troops there. Not all bad things, some would be rightly strategic (protect your rear and flanks).
I still personally wouldn't recommend this type.

A new map designed for no regions and no bonus.

If players decide to use the settings "No Cards", "Fixed Cards" or "Capped Cards", then the map would probably lead to some of the longest games in history and even increasing cards might well stalemate more often due to the lack of additional region bonus. However, I believe it will put a new style of play and strategy into the game (for that map).

This may be what we needed for a WWII map, where control of strategic regions could be deemed as the initial spread of the Axis Forces or the later fight-back of the Allied Forces (Team Game Perfect).
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Matty, I wasn't going to mention the Trails & Routes map, because it was a unique style & concept with P2P connections.

I think the regionless idea should be conventional, as per most other D12 style maps.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.