Should links open in new tabs, or in the same tab.
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Matty wrote:
So, I've seen spamfree suggest links to be opened in new tabs. For some of them it makes sense to me, for others I feel like using the same tab should be default.
I do open most links in new tabs myself though, but then I manually hold the Ctrl button or something.

Still, how are you guys on this? Should all forum links open in a new tab? Or maybe only the ones that go to an external site (they are blue rather then red)?

Example: internal site and external site.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
I believe that just the external links should open in a new tab, just to keep D12 in a tab at least, and internal links open in the same tab. Don't know what's the normal behaviour though.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
I think nearly everything should open in the same tab (you can choose to open on a different tab, as some of us already do). There are exceptions of course. For instance, the invite link which should open in a new tab (and it does).
aeronautic wrote:
I find it a little awkward having the same tab when helping out with Moderating, but like others, I open the site in a 2nd tab to allow me to help them easily without backtracking.

My opinion is External Links only in a new tab, more than anything, so as to not send inexperienced Players / Internet Users away from the site.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.